2nd term school holidays stockings.

Jake420

2nd term school holidays stockings.

Post by Jake420 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:57 am

I took my brother upto emerald lake to catch his first trout because he's starting to get into fishing but only go's salt with the old man in the boat so thought I'd take him up ther me thinking it was going to be 95% chance of him getting 1. Absoulty nothing defently wasn't stocked so came home & called the DSE see if was stocked or going to be as I couldn't find anything on the net, & I got put threw to the manager of fish stockings and he said... if it hasn't already been stocked it will be by the 2nd week of holidys.
Has anyone one heard different? Has it been to hot recently to stock family lakes?
The Dirty Oar

Rod Bender

Re: 2nd term school holidays stockings.

Post by Rod Bender » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:04 am

Jake420 wrote:.... if it hasn't already been stocked it will be by the 2nd week of holidys.
Has anyone one heard different? Has it been to hot recently to stock family lakes?
When did you speak to him Jake? I assume last week? I doubt if it has been too hot to stock them. If you are on facebook, 'like' the DPI Vic site and you get general updates. You can also msg them with questions and they do respond.
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Jake420

Post by Jake420 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:49 am

It would of been not Friday just been week before the first week of the holidays, yeah cool I will do that.
I thought they would of done it before the holidays started I've even been down to lilydale & rowville since, 3 lakes with 1500 trout thought I would of seen ad least 1 jump or caught something don't think I'm that bad of an angler haha, I've also just bought a fly setup not long ago and just keen to get something on it even if its a stocked fish probly my best chance as I only know the basics :)
The Dirty Oar

rixter

Post by rixter » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:52 pm

Not many lakes get topped up first term school holidays.
Around 98% of the lakes get restocked during the 2nd, 3rd and 4th term holidays.

I think the holiday school terms are as follows ( don't quote me on these dates, as I don't have kids and could be wrong ) !.
•Term 1: Friday 1 February – Friday 12 April
•Term 2: Monday 29 April – Friday 5 July
•Term 3: Monday 22 July – Friday 27 September
•Term 4: Monday 14 October – Friday 20 December

Cheers , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Drifta-X

Post by Drifta-X » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:03 pm

Only karkarook gets stocked on the 1st term hols(Easter)
According to dpi website.
But lillydale being a premier lake should get stocked every hols and also for some events.

rixter

Post by rixter » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:14 pm

Albert Park lake and Richmond lake also get a restock during 1st term holidays (sometimes) , not sure if they did this year ?
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:33 am

Here is the link on the DPI website as a guide on when and which lakes get stocked:

http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/fisheries/rec ... hing-lakes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here are the school term dates to work out when they will be stocked:

http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/d ... sterm.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Family Fishing Lakes”