Lilydale lake serves up donuts

Jake420

Re: Lilydale lake serves up donuts

Post by Jake420 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:07 pm

I think it could have been not sure.. seen a couple of rises in the last week, don't see rises to often down rowville was at emerald yesterday that definately hasn't been done yet
The Dirty Oar

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Post by sasquatch972 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:45 pm

i had been seeing activity there for the last few months, seen many tail splashes and a fish (didnt see what) chasing mud skippers thru the water at dusk in the shallows.
also see a few fish jump in the middle of the lake, thinking its maybe carp though.
Also saw the same at lillydale on the Queensbirthday monday, nothing of the sort seen at karkarook though
i might go give rowville a go and get some fly casting practice down at rowville then...maybe try a lure or SP too.

what time are you going to go down there? i might go in an hour or 2 and fish till just after dusk.

Jake420

Post by Jake420 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:54 pm

I was ther at 2:30 for hour or so n left place was packed and nothing happening so went to my secret spot.
Mate was up Marysville today council bloke said stocked it during the week he got nothing but a duck he had corn n power bait out so give it week until they settle should be sweet. Might even go throw some power bait out tonight if doesn't get to cold
The Dirty Oar

sasquatch972

Post by sasquatch972 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:07 pm

yeah i went down to rowville too at about 4pm till 5:45, saw fish jump, also saw a bunch of dead fish, around 25-30cm in size..no idea what they were looks like someone dumped them.
only saw about 2-3 other people fishing at rowville, no one looked to have anything...
will try lillydale tomorrow morning and see if i can get taught how to cast a fly rod properly lol

Paulv123

Post by Paulv123 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:28 am

Hi Guys, I'm thinking of taking the kids down to Lillydale lake today, am going to try Power Bait and worms, might even flick a few lures. Will let you know how we go

sasquatch972

Post by sasquatch972 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:51 pm

went down to rowville again today...abit too windy there to practice any fly fishing so tried a pink tassie devil and SP's for no avail...
did notice some sort of greeny algae building up to the st road sides of the lake (being blown across) and the water has been getting abit mud coloured, not blue/green algae is it?

Return to “Family Fishing Lakes”