Lilydale lake serves up donuts

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Re: Lilydale lake serves up donuts

Post by sasquatch972 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:52 pm

seephil wrote:
sasquatch972 wrote:just got back, was fishing up the left side of the lake, towards the back.
no luck...saw a cormorant there getting plenty of fish, about 5-6inches in size so im guessing they are possibly fingerling trout... :(
and also saw a few decent sized fish jump, in the range of about 25-30cm but they were out towards the middle of the lake...
was using mainly SP's for reddies but then switched over to a pink tassie devil. decided i cbf using the fly gear it was abit too windy...might head back during the week in the morning some time.
Ditto. Sounds like the spot where I was. No luck for me too. There were heaps of people walking around and the car park was full. Gonna try rowville now
what time were u there about? i was there from around 2pm till dusk.
unsure if there is anything other than Carp and some reddies at rowville at the moment, DPI say it will be stocked with rainbows in a couple of weeks but thats about it, was there saturday arvo for not much luck.

sasquatch972

Post by sasquatch972 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:42 pm

just to let you guys know
department of primary industries let me know that lillydale lake was stocked mid last week with 900 brown trout and 800 rainbow trout around 150grams, the browns were a little smaller
will probably go give it a go over the weekend.

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:53 am

Yeap they are stocking the family fishing lakes - Lilydale, Rowville, Don Lake etc. for the upcoming school holidays.
Hoping to give one of them a crack myself this weekend if time permits.

sasquatch972

Post by sasquatch972 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:05 pm

ill prob head up to lillydale this weekend, been going to karkarook , about 4 times with only 1 hook up and loss of the fish...
dont think rowville would have been stocked yet, havent heard anything there.

ChrisD

Post by ChrisD » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:59 am

I just hope I can get in a couple of fish before the lakes are cleaned out.

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:20 pm

ChrisD wrote:I just hope I can get in a couple of fish before the lakes are cleaned out.
Good luck with that, when they get stocked they will get completly cleaned out within a week. You see guys going and taking 6,7,8 trout at a time smh
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

ChrisD

Post by ChrisD » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:29 pm

Yes that is the bit that gets my blood boiling. i know you're allowed to take the fish and a couple at a time is all well and good.
But seeing people leave with 10 plus at a time is just greedy. They are normally adults as well and should know better.
these lakes are stocked to give families and kids a crack, just greed and ignorance that drains them too quickly. Anyway my fingers are crossed that my girls and I can get a couple when we finally get there.....we only catch and release so any we catch will be there for others.

sasquatch972

Post by sasquatch972 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:01 pm

ChrisD wrote:Yes that is the bit that gets my blood boiling. i know you're allowed to take the fish and a couple at a time is all well and good.
But seeing people leave with 10 plus at a time is just greedy. They are normally adults as well and should know better.
these lakes are stocked to give families and kids a crack, just greed and ignorance that drains them too quickly. Anyway my fingers are crossed that my girls and I can get a couple when we finally get there.....we only catch and release so any we catch will be there for others.
yeah same here, all im going for is C&R..
hate it when i hear at lakes like karkarook,rowville,lillydale etc etc get over fished because people take so much and absolutely dont care.....dont even like it when i go to the trout farm and cant release fish back into the pond they have there...
i think probably around 1/4 to 1/2 of the fish do survive in the lakes though, maybe more so in karkarook as ive heard someone got a large rainbow in there last week, and a brown trout at the start of the year and they havent stocked browns in there in years, im sure they would smarten up abit.... all up its also about 1700 fish they have put in there.

Jake420

Post by Jake420 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:18 am

Yeah I've fished rowville a bit recently with no luck gunna go down with my fly today give it another go
The Dirty Oar

sasquatch972

Post by sasquatch972 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:35 pm

do you know if rowville has been stocked yet? probably going to go to lillydale today or tomorrow for a fish, might head to rowville and either use some SP/HB's for redfin and practice some fly casting later.

Return to “Family Fishing Lakes”