Rowville lakes

Master-pro

Re: Rowville lakes

Post by Master-pro » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:23 pm

sasquatch972 wrote:just a note to those that dont know they only stock the big lake and the small lake at the back (Sutton lake and Hill lake) the front lake (cogley lake) doesnt get stocked with any trout...however there is redfin and carp there.
There is a drain connecting Cogley lake to hill lake so I'm sure trout would find there way in there
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Post by sasquatch972 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:26 pm

Master-pro wrote:
sasquatch972 wrote:just a note to those that dont know they only stock the big lake and the small lake at the back (Sutton lake and Hill lake) the front lake (cogley lake) doesnt get stocked with any trout...however there is redfin and carp there.
There is a drain connecting Cogley lake to hill lake so I'm sure trout would find there way in there
they are all connected , hill to sutton to cogley... probably why they dont put them directly into cogley anyway.
never heard of any trout taken from there though id imagine there have been

zombie 1

Post by zombie 1 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:17 pm

barra fish farm at garfield...

open friday to the public sales...
very nice smoked....

Jake420

Post by Jake420 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:37 am

Well this year there only said rowville lakes 550 not specifying how many into main and back one .. they can't get to the front lake if the waters to low and if they jumped over the concrete wall they would be stuck in the drain under the rd because the front lake is really low.
Was at lilydale yesterday for hour or so and got onto 2 reddies 1 nice sized 1, and mate did nearly 7 hours ther for only 2 rainbows had power bait n scrubbys out but nothing on them caught them on a rapala
The Dirty Oar

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:34 pm

Looks like a barra I wonder how they got there...

Re stocking and eating fish from the lake. Last year it was pretty clean but the last few times I have been there the water quality was pretty horrible.

I wouldn't want to eat anything from the lake as it is atm.

Has anyone caught any carp recently?

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:09 pm

Has anyone fished hazelwood pondage my dad was telling me that there were talks of introducing barra in there? I know there are cichlids but I'm intrigued by what else it could hold.
Cam :)
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:15 pm

GTSHoon wrote:Has anyone fished hazelwood poundage my dad was telling me that there were talks of introducing barra in there? I know there are cichlids but I'm intrigued by what else it could hold.
Cam :)
Beno has fished the pondage, he has some video's of the cichlids he caught up on youtube.

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:18 pm

I will check them out now then
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Post by sasquatch972 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:29 pm

Jake420 wrote:
Well this year there only said rowville lakes 550 not specifying how many into main and back one .. they can't get to the front lake if the waters to low and if they jumped over the concrete wall they would be stuck in the drain under the rd because the front lake is really low.
Was at lilydale yesterday for hour or so and got onto 2 reddies 1 nice sized 1, and mate did nearly 7 hours ther for only 2 rainbows had power bait n scrubbys out but nothing on them caught them on a rapala
ive heard 400 to big lake and 150 to small lake
i was at lilydale for a few hours yesterday too, using a metal vibe lure and got nothing... saw plenty of activity though with trout rising out about 50m into the water... what rapala was did the rainbows get caught on?

Jake420

Post by Jake420 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:54 am

Yeah maybe you were the guy across from me that packed up and left after seeing me catch 2 straight away Haha I was fishing the back side. Just the ul brown trout pattern.
Might go have a look down broville might be bit windy with the fly ther so might throw out some t tails see how that go's or if I'm free earlier n have time to get to emerald defently give that a shot I much rarther emerald than any other stocked lake around
The Dirty Oar

Return to “Family Fishing Lakes”