devilbend

Jake420

devilbend

Post by Jake420 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:34 am

Got down ther today and far out has it gotten terrible to fish ther.. soo much weed ther and now even wading out doesn't help you much seems to be a lot more. Was a still day down ther thow bonus and got more than handful of reddies
The Dirty Oar

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Re: devilbend

Post by sasquatch972 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:18 pm

id imagine with all this recent rain the dam would have filled up abit? so the weed would have grown abit more as well...
is it so bad that you are loosing lures? i was down at both karkarook and rowville today...every 2nd cast at karkarook on the western side have to basically take a weed monster off the lure... but ive found using a single lure hook on the tassie devil seems to avoid snagging alot better..
was there many fishing down there at devilbend? also what did u get the reddies on? might give it a go next weekend for some trout too if i can be arsed driving out there lol

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:54 pm

Something definately needs to be done, to make it more fisherman friendly, in regards to the weed. :(

justonemorecast

Post by justonemorecast » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:18 am

Brett wrote:Something definately needs to be done, to make it more fisherman friendly, in regards to the weed. :(
LOL!!!
Just find a bureaucrat with a death wish!!

cheers

Rob :titanic:

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:30 pm

Is it because the permitted fishing area is full of weed?

pwalnuts

Post by pwalnuts » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:27 pm

There is a weed bed starting about 5m out that follow's the shoreline in all the allotted fishing areas, except for the quarry. The dam wall is weedless as well but you can't fish from there (you could but DPI will fine you and it's really pretty unsafe).

I've had some success getting redfin on SP, casting in the shallow area between the shore and the weedbed, also letting the SP sink way down deep in the quarry. No trout though! Am going to try sunrise next time I head down there.

Jake420

Post by Jake420 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:20 am

It was really unfishable Nah wasn't losing lures but close. I was just using black n gold t tail then put a weedless on never got it snagged but still could feel it going threw weed 20m out. Nah not 1 other person ther but my mates ther was 1 bike rider as we were leaving .
I've caught my 5 pound browns in middle of the day and was 40° day so not what I expected lol
The Dirty Oar

sasquatch972

Post by sasquatch972 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:51 pm

hmm ive been tempted to go down there and use some rapalas targeting browns but might have to use tassie devils with single hooks, found they dont snag much..
there is no where at all along the fishing areas that are far enough from the weeds?

Jake420

Post by Jake420 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:22 am

Yeah if you haven't been ther deffently worth a look ad least, only takes 40 mins max from Knox area I've done it in 25 mins peak hour traffic Haha, thers the quarry section without weed but don't bother fishing off the jetty so high off the water and weed in front of it just walk along the quarry thers a couple of spots along the quarry really deep ther better off using SP's jiging them around other than that no other bits without weed unless you walk a lot & its not open to the public. Found a rapala bag on 1 of my big missions ther had a fare bit of tackle in it been sitting around awhile they must of been scared off and dropped it an ran lol.
The Dirty Oar

sasquatch972

Post by sasquatch972 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:29 pm

Jake420 wrote:Yeah if you haven't been ther deffently worth a look ad least, only takes 40 mins max from Knox area I've done it in 25 mins peak hour traffic Haha, thers the quarry section without weed but don't bother fishing off the jetty so high off the water and weed in front of it just walk along the quarry thers a couple of spots along the quarry really deep ther better off using SP's jiging them around other than that no other bits without weed unless you walk a lot & its not open to the public. Found a rapala bag on 1 of my big missions ther had a fare bit of tackle in it been sitting around awhile they must of been scared off and dropped it an ran lol.
yeah with the new peninsula link it makes it quite close!
been tempted to go there for a while, never caught a brown trout before always rainbows so im looking for a place that has them....i know lillydale lake has browns stocked into it but never hear of anyone catching them....they must go into the creeks instead..

Return to “Family Fishing Lakes”