Devilbend Reservoir

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Devilbend Reservoir

Post by sasquatch972 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:37 pm

went down to Devilbend Reservoir today for the first time, quite a drive out there but its a great place down there... actually quite a few others fishing down at the quarry there, heard a few reddies and a small trout were caught.
Allthough i caught nothing myself the long walk around most of the fishable areas did me good and the scenery was fantastic!
Now only if there wasnt so much weed along the banks it would be a hell of alot easier, but will definately be heading back in the near future to try my luck, maybe early morning instead of mid arvo would be a better time... :water:

Edit: used SP's on a light jighead, was not game enough to use an Expensive HB lure for fear of losing it in the weeds. What patterns have people used down there with Success?
thanks.

Rod Bender

Re: Devilbend Reservoir

Post by Rod Bender » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:57 pm

I think weed may be a problem in a lot of 'family fishing lakes'. Our lake here in Shepparton has issues. It was redeveloped approximately two years ago. The introduction of certain types of 'weed' were part of the plan. What the council created is a great environment for fish! Just not that good for people to pull the fish out of there!
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Re: Devilbend Reservoir

Post by sasquatch972 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:30 pm

yeah i can imagine it would give fish plenty of food to grow.
this weed is alot worse than anywhere else i have been though, i think karkarook will get bad in a few years around the far western side. Devilbend you can see it ontop of the surface....

Return to “Family Fishing Lakes”