Stocked lakes

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Re: Stocked lakes

Post by sasquatch972 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:34 am

Rod Bender wrote:No need to apologise! You called it by its correct name. I am glad it works because I have a few to try! Did you buy them local or did you get it online? I do not see them in many stores. For the record, I have had great success with the 'Bleak' on trout as well- a very good color!
thanks
Jim
No worries mate, yeah its been working quite well to be honest, best lure i have by far... i got them on ebay from Tasmania, a bloke there puts quite a few up for Auction.. BCF in bayswater had a couple in CD-3, im going to try and get a few assorted from CD-3 to CD-7 and maybe some Floating all in the Silver Pattern. Another note, its pretty much only been Successfull around 4:30pm till dusk as well. I will have a look at getting the 'bleak' pattern too , thanks!
Last edited by sasquatch972 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sasquatch972

Post by sasquatch972 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:37 am

Drifta-X wrote:It's been really bad.
Lillydale is totally shut down and they are all grouped up down the deep hole.
Couldn't even tempt them dragging lures over them or ice jigs or placcys.
Need a yak to get where they are as I sounded them, and u would need to be a surf caster to get to it from the bank.
is the deep area of Lilydale lake to the right of the Drain when facing towards the lake on the rockwall? thanks

Drifta-X

Post by Drifta-X » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:12 pm

sasquatch972 wrote:
Need a yak to get where they are as I sounded them, and u would need to be a surf caster to get to it from the bank.
is the deep area of Lilydale lake to the right of the Drain when facing towards the lake on the rockwall? thanks
standing at rockwall bout 3/4 of the way to the right then look at the island and bout 20-30m short of that.
hope that made sence

Correction made.
Last edited by Drifta-X on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sasquatch972

Post by sasquatch972 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:24 pm

Drifta-X wrote:
sasquatch972 wrote:
standing at rockwall bout 3/4 of the way to the left then look at the island and bout 20-30m short of that.
hope that made sence
ah yeah, i getcha! was there today but fishing right near the drain, seen surfacing fish more to the right corner of the rockwall before..

sasquatch972

Post by sasquatch972 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:27 pm

Rod Bender wrote:No need to apologise! You called it by its correct name. I am glad it works because I have a few to try! Did you buy them local or did you get them online? I do not see them in many stores. For the record, I have had great success with the 'Bleak' on trout as well- a very good color!
thanks
Jim
well mate just went down to karkarook from about 4pm till 6:45pm... used only the CD-3 Rapala in 'Silver' pattern, got 3 rainbows, lost another 3, and had about 10 more hits ontop of that... was pretty much sight casting either side and through dusk.. fish jumping and surfacing everywhere for small bugs, some of which might have been mayflys?

Sporthawk2001

Post by Sporthawk2001 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:12 pm

Garfield has just been stocked with rainbows recently

rixter

Post by rixter » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:36 pm

Sporthawk2001 wrote:Garfield has just been stocked with rainbows recently
Ahhhh , another local close to me . Yep your right it has been stocked again recently.

I actually gave it a bash early this morning today, got onto 5 rainbows within 15 minutes using a bright orange body gold spinner with small black dots on it, and a few red feathers around the treble hook. I de-barbed the hook, and all the fish were released unharmed for the kids to have a crack at them ;) .

Cheers , Rick
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Sporthawk2001

Post by Sporthawk2001 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:04 pm

Any luck in the lakes?

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:07 pm

Rod Bender wrote:
sasquatch972 wrote:some trout are becoming active at karkarook, seen a few people catching them down there the last 2 weeks, i hooked onto 2 and dropped them in close using CD-3 Rapala's in Silver.
Hi,
When you say 'Silver', are you referring to the traditional pattern of 'Silver' (pictured top) or are you referring to the pattern that is known as 'Bleak' (pictured bottom).

thanks
Jim
Can we get any of these two lures around us anywere jim???
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:56 pm

The top one (Silver)...not that I am aware of...I got some from Cabellas. The bottom one (Bleak)...Trelly's had them and may still have them. Gives me an excuse to go in tomorrow and have a look!
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Return to “Family Fishing Lakes”