Karkarook today

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Re: Karkarook today

Post by sasquatch972 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:50 pm

spudtrans wrote:thanks for your report, i hope the greedy people dont empty it to quick
no worries mate, yeah me too....but they are there already..

sasquatch972

Post by sasquatch972 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:54 pm

went there again today, only got 4 today.... mate got 8 and saw some baitos keeping a few too.....
Also witnessed Purple5ive's first and second Rainbow Trout, the first of which was a little bigger than most of the ones being caught at the moment, well done mate!
all fish were released back, hope they hang around abit longer this time!

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:21 pm

They released 1000 rainbows approx 200g into karkarook last week. If you don't follow the DPI facebook page i'd highly suggest you do so, it's a great source of information.

Just for the record i'd never take obviously stocked fish out of a family fishing lake (leave them for the kids in my opinion), but they are great fun to catch and release, and it's an awesome way to introduce new people the the idea of fishing in a gentle, friendly environment.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

sasquatch972

Post by sasquatch972 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:55 pm

DougieK wrote:They released 1000 rainbows approx 200g into karkarook last week. If you don't follow the DPI facebook page i'd highly suggest you do so, it's a great source of information.

Just for the record i'd never take obviously stocked fish out of a family fishing lake (leave them for the kids in my opinion), but they are great fun to catch and release, and it's an awesome way to introduce new people the the idea of fishing in a gentle, friendly environment.
yeah i follow DEPI on facebook thats where i got the info from.
thats what the fish are there for really, for kids to catch their first fish.. not much of a trout eater just like catching them and how nice they look.
would be nice if they could stock karkarook with brown trout like they do at lilydale.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:01 am

sasquatch972 wrote:Also witnessed Purple5ive's first and second Rainbow Trout, the first of which was a little bigger than most of the ones being caught at the moment, well done mate!
Make that 7 buddy. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
was good to meet up with sasquatch972, thanks very much for your valuable info and helping me land my first freshwater fish, i caught another 5 after you left, and out of that one was a similar or bigger size one to the first fish i caught, gave it to the guy who was fishing with us (fly fishign dude)
will post those pics you took for me soon in another thread

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:09 am

Well done purple5ive! Very good to see someone from here helping you. For those interested, the 'Silver' pattern Rapala which sasquatch had his luck with.
cheers
Jim
Attachments
Rapala CD Silver (S).jpg
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

sasquatch972

Post by sasquatch972 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:26 pm

purple5ive wrote:
sasquatch972 wrote:Also witnessed Purple5ive's first and second Rainbow Trout, the first of which was a little bigger than most of the ones being caught at the moment, well done mate!
Make that 7 buddy. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
was good to meet up with sasquatch972, thanks very much for your valuable info and helping me land my first freshwater fish, i caught another 5 after you left, and out of that one was a similar or bigger size one to the first fish i caught, gave it to the guy who was fishing with us (fly fishign dude)
will post those pics you took for me soon in another thread
very nice work mate! glad to hear u got a few more! how late did you stay?

sasquatch972

Post by sasquatch972 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:29 pm

Rod Bender wrote:Well done purple5ive! Very good to see someone from here helping you. For those interested, the 'Silver' pattern Rapala which sasquatch had his luck with.
cheers
Jim
thanks for the picture link bender, i never had much luck with getting any of that pattern in the tackle shops but bought about 5 CD-3's of assorted patterns off a Rapala Ebay Auction seller for about the price of 2 ($30 ish) and it was one of the patterns, after that pattern having much more success (also with some redfin at rowville) i thought id grab one in CD-5 and thats been as good, if not better...would highly recommend changing the hooks to something better though, the VMC's arent very sharp!

Timi200

Post by Timi200 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:35 pm

Hey guys, can someone tell me where this place is thanks, tim.

spudtrans
Has liked: 30 times

Post by spudtrans » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:23 pm

Timi200 wrote:Hey guys, can someone tell me where this place is thanks, tim.

the corner of south roads and warrigal roads. Moorabbin.

http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/explore/parks/karkarook-park" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cheers

Return to “Family Fishing Lakes”