Cherry Lake Altona

InstigatorPom

Cherry Lake Altona

Post by InstigatorPom » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:05 am

Hello one and all,

Recently moved out from the Uk last year and was into Carp fishing big style at home... I know there arent many waters that contain them out here but heard Cherry has a few. Does anyone have any details on the stock? And how they got there, how old etc etc?

Also I presume the general (RFL) license would cover such a water?

Any info appreciated :thumbsup:

Cheers
Dom

borntofish

Re: Cherry Lake Altona

Post by borntofish » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:21 pm

dont know about cherry lake, but just about every dam, lake river has them, so great for the coarse fishos!! yep, your normal licence will suffice, any fishing you do for them and remove from our waters would be greatly appreciated!! The biggest ones I know of are in berwick springs, auravale lake, apparently up around 20lb have been caught. lake eppalock is riddled with them, but on the good note, plenty of redfin english perch and if your lucky a nice big yellow belly, golden perch, also known to top 18lb's! BUt honestly anywhere you can find fresh water, you should get one!! Good luck and happy fishing!!
You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something.

Return to “Family Fishing Lakes”