Winter Escapes?

berazafi

Re: Winter Escapes?

Post by berazafi » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:58 pm

Heading to Byron bay this coming week, rod will be on the plane with me, although I am there to work hoping to fill some nights in

big tone 11

Post by big tone 11 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:13 pm

Staying local and heading to ocean grove during school holidays for some surf fishing with the young bloke...........................and so I've been told some hand holding with the lovely "duel:

CrazyChenski

Post by CrazyChenski » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:20 pm

kozy wrote:
CrazyChenski wrote:Snowboarding ........ The Target is, "Not breaking anything in the body again" ......
you know those signs that say "put the safety bar down now" or something like that?
listen to them, snow is a lot more painful than I thought :rofl:
I broke my arm last year on my Buller, all thanks to some idiot young mum with two young kids whom decided just walk right into middle of busy snow slope. It was either me try emergency twist out to the side or plough right into the 3-5 yes old.
Result was, I managed get out of way, but slipped onto an icy patch. Feet went under, and shoulder smack hard down to the ice patch and broke my upper humorus bone. Had to have plate and 12 screws to fix it. Needless to say. 1day of snow season=last day of the season. And was out of action for fishing as well for 6mths. Missed the winter Aussie salmon run, and the snapper season.......

This year, going head towards Falls or Hotham, to get away from the crowd for sure

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:14 pm

CrazyChenski wrote:
kozy wrote:
CrazyChenski wrote:Snowboarding ........ The Target is, "Not breaking anything in the body again" ......
you know those signs that say "put the safety bar down now" or something like that?
listen to them, snow is a lot more painful than I thought :rofl:
I broke my arm last year on my Buller, all thanks to some idiot young mum with two young kids whom decided just walk right into middle of busy snow slope. It was either me try emergency twist out to the side or plough right into the 3-5 yes old.
Result was, I managed get out of way, but slipped onto an icy patch. Feet went under, and shoulder smack hard down to the ice patch and broke my upper humorus bone. Had to have plate and 12 screws to fix it. Needless to say. 1day of snow season=last day of the season. And was out of action for fishing as well for 6mths. Missed the winter Aussie salmon run, and the snapper season.......

This year, going head towards Falls or Hotham, to get away from the crowd for sure
seen it happen at hotham as well friend dodged some kids went straight into a tree concussion and broken callar bone. had the mobile ambulance come up, since then I have rarely skied.

Return to “Other Australian States”