Re: Hi I’m Andy and I’m a Carpaholic

Post by Nude up » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:31 pm

Try super gluing cat biscuitsto your hook and watch them slurp them in

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:31 pm

Downrigger wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:Great report!! Awesome catches! I hate catching eels but I'd happily hold one that size for a photo!!

What gear are u using for carp?

I love carp fishing! Good way to scratch the itch when not much else is on offer!! Or not a lot of time to spare!

I generally run 6lb braid and leader to a #4 bait holder or 1/0 circle if using worms! Strapped to a 1-3 kg rod. N I'll be damned if it's not fun catching anything over 40cm!

Hoping to get my nephew his first carp today
Glad you're a carp fisho Gav! I'm using one of our 802 combos with a 3000 size reel and 3 or 6 kilo line. You need a bit of grunt at this spot because the carp are a good size and the river has a lot of weeds and snags. Good luck today and I would be very grateful for an update on how you go, Andy
I fish some stretches of the Yarra n ole ty that are quite thin and very snaggy.. Due to having the light gear I just try turn there heads as they peel the line.. My biggest is 81cm on 6lb
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

Haygmbp

Post by Haygmbp » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:13 pm

Hey Andy. Im totally blown away with the euro carp scene and their tactics. Seen the float rig you use before and have always wondered why braid as the leader??? Have always used a mono/fluro leader as to not spook fish.......this is the total oposite!! What am i missing

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:34 am

god damm thats a good fish

do they get much bigger

Downrigger

Post by Downrigger » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:09 pm

Nude up wrote:Try super gluing cat biscuitsto your hook and watch them slurp them in
Good recommendation but for sure I'd end up gluing the cat biscuits to my fingers. I have got some here so will try burleying with them though. Thanks for the tip, Andy

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:25 am

carp fishing is highly underrated in Aus. Even by those fish who dont just fish for a feed.

Its a good back for when the bays are blown out. Down by the river bank it can be sheltered and you could be anywhere even when only in a melbourne suburb. Dragging a kayak up and down some of the yarras rapids to get to some of the less accessible spots is a good adventure on a nioce day

Its the rubbish thats left behind at popular spots that ***** me.

Return to “New South Wales”