FISHING EDEN IN WINTER

New South Wales Fishing Reports
All ways fishin
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: FISHING EDEN IN WINTER

Post by All ways fishin » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:24 pm

Kimtown wrote:
All ways fishin wrote:Well I just got back from 10 days at Eden ended up getting out fishing 3 times due to weather, and fished in around 27m of water off Ben Boyd tower and caught 30 flathead, 2 snapper, 2 morwong and a leather jacket over the 3 days, most flathead were between 35-45cm Couta were a big problem lost so much gear but great time fishing. Also managed to have a whale come and visit us while fishing, photos of whale on Eden beachfront caravan parks Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/edenbeachfrontholidaypark/
Cheers
Nice mate! I stayed at that same caravan park in March. Awesome place to stay.

I left my brand new LED lantern there though and them bastards never returned my call about it :(
I’m sure if they found they would given you a call Jase & Nic good honest people. Other campers may have found it first.
Bummer :down:



Remove these ads.

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 8458
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm
Has liked: 20 times
Likes received: 107 times

Re: FISHING EDEN IN WINTER

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:35 pm

Thats the problem

All ways fishin
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: FISHING EDEN IN WINTER

Post by All ways fishin » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:49 pm

8201F3A8-85FF-4C72-9192-6082A4455C7D.jpeg
Here is a pic of some of the flathead we often catch if fishing in the bay at Eden ( my new phone let’s me put pics up now) apparently they are just deformed so fisheries say but I wonder because only seem to catch them in the bay not out offshore.
Attachments
8442AEAD-1E53-4886-9D8B-712E69DDBF2E.jpeg

User avatar
Bugatti
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:08 am
Has liked: 996 times
Likes received: 270 times

Re: FISHING EDEN IN WINTER

Post by Bugatti » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:32 pm

Well done All ways fishin. Nice to see Eden is working for you and you and the kids are getting on to them.
Very odd that they are hunchbacked and that it is only in the Bay, somethings up.
hunch back.jpg
hunch back eden bay.PNG
Cheers Bugatti

Lightningx
Rank: Mulloway
Rank: Mulloway
Posts: 10522
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm
Has liked: 30 times
Likes received: 152 times

Re: FISHING EDEN IN WINTER

Post by Lightningx » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:01 pm

All ways fishin wrote:
8201F3A8-85FF-4C72-9192-6082A4455C7D.jpeg
Here is a pic of some of the flathead we often catch if fishing in the bay at Eden ( my new phone let’s me put pics up now) apparently they are just deformed so fisheries say but I wonder because only seem to catch them in the bay not out offshore.
That’s very strange!!! How many in 10 would have a hunch back like that?

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 8458
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm
Has liked: 20 times
Likes received: 107 times

Re: FISHING EDEN IN WINTER

Post by smile0784 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:42 pm

Very strange indeed
I caught a few like that at Bermagui a few years back



Remove these ads.

All ways fishin
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: FISHING EDEN IN WINTER

Post by All ways fishin » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:18 pm

Lightningx wrote:
All ways fishin wrote:
8201F3A8-85FF-4C72-9192-6082A4455C7D.jpeg
Here is a pic of some of the flathead we often catch if fishing in the bay at Eden ( my new phone let’s me put pics up now) apparently they are just deformed so fisheries say but I wonder because only seem to catch them in the bay not out offshore.
That’s very strange!!! How many in 10 would have a hunch back like that?
It’s only in the bay we seem to get them but about 2-3 out of 10 we catch. Very strange

All ways fishin
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: FISHING EDEN IN WINTER

Post by All ways fishin » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:21 pm

Bugatti wrote:Well done All ways fishin. Nice to see Eden is working for you and you and the kids are getting on to them.
Very odd that they are hunchbacked and that it is only in the Bay, somethings up.
hunch back.jpg
hunch back eden bay.PNG
Cheers Bugatti
Exactly that’s what we call them :rofl:

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 8458
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm
Has liked: 20 times
Likes received: 107 times

Re: FISHING EDEN IN WINTER

Post by smile0784 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:53 pm

When you filleted them did you discover anything ?

User avatar
Bugatti
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:08 am
Has liked: 996 times
Likes received: 270 times

Re: FISHING EDEN IN WINTER

Post by Bugatti » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:41 pm

smile0784 wrote:When you filleted them did you discover anything ?
That's a very good question. I wonder if the spine is hunched, bent or big bone nodules like snapper.

Yeah, I wonder , , , , there has to be a reason , , , , especially as there are many like it and as it seems only in the bay.



Remove these ads.

Post Reply

Return to “New South Wales”