Does this video inspire anyone else?

New South Wales Fishing Reports
sirsquidalot
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Does this video inspire anyone else?

Post by sirsquidalot » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:15 am

DougieK wrote:Chris is an awesome dude and after MTF that's probably my favorite fishing show. I've emulated a few of those trips, the South Coast of NSW is freaking stunning.

His entire channel is excellent.

totally agreee, his channel is one of my favs on you tube.

mpharris66

Post by mpharris66 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:02 am

Great video! :o_0:

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:55 pm

baff2008 wrote:absolutely. when we were high school age we used to to many trips like this to refuge cove and sealers.

great fun.
Me and my mate are discussing a similar trip to Wilson's prom as we speak! Lol

I dont have any of the light weight compact camping gear though. Gonna have to build up the collection

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:57 pm

Kimtown wrote:
baff2008 wrote:absolutely. when we were high school age we used to to many trips like this to refuge cove and sealers.

great fun.

I dont have any of the light weight compact camping gear though. Gonna have to build up the collection
Have you ever been on one of these over nighters before mate? Or will it be your first time? :P

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:14 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Kimtown wrote:

great fun.

Have you ever been on one of these over nighters before mate? Or will it be your first time? :P
I done the 2 week trip in March east gippy/south nsw coast if you remember? I had my boat though but I stayed at places like tyers, eden, tamboon etc for multiple days at a time. Obviously the benefit of the boat is you can pack as much crap as you want pretty much and ditch it at your campsite then zoom off wherever and fish for the day. A hiking trip you have to be A LOT more selective with what you take, but you can explore some amazing untouched coast line that boats cant moor up to and cars cant drive to.

I was only talking to DougieK about this the other day at the prom. I'd love to try it. But unfortunately I can't even find time generally just to go get some quick squid

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:20 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
Kimtown wrote:

great fun.

I done the 2 week trip in March east gippy/south nsw coast if you remember? I had my boat though but I stayed at places like tyers, eden, tamboon etc for multiple days at a time. Obviously the benefit of the boat is you can pack as much crap as you want pretty much and ditch it at your campsite then zoom off wherever and fish for the day. A hiking trip you have to be A LOT more selective with what you take, but you can explore some amazing untouched coast line that boats cant moor up to and cars cant drive to.

I was only talking to DougieK about this the other day at the prom. I'd love to try it. But unfortunately I can't even find time generally just to go get some quick squid
Yea I was talking about without a boat. Only by foot to a destination and Fishing and staying overnight. Like you said got to go light. The first few times me and my mate went we made a huge mistake by taking way too many things. Quickly learnt that lesson :rofl:
The adventure is awesome though. Highly recommend it :thumbsup:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:19 pm

Kimtown wrote:
smile0784 wrote:Walking time vs fishing time ratio is way wrong lol
Lol
Where's your sense of adventure mate?
Sence of adventure went out the window when you only have a day to fish every now and then to fish

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:09 pm

DougieK wrote:Chris is an awesome dude and after MTF that's probably my favorite fishing show. I've emulated a few of those trips, the South Coast of NSW is freaking stunning.

His entire channel is excellent.
Mate, some of ur trips are insane. Big props

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:53 am

Kimtown wrote: I was only talking to DougieK about this the other day at the prom. I'd love to try it. But unfortunately I can't even find time generally just to go get some quick squid
Even when not camping this is true most of the time. You should see the amount of gear we (myself, Carl, Adtrac, Gtshoon) used to carry in and out of every ledge we'd go and fish. 25kg + every time.

These days it's literally -3 squid jigs - 3 salmon slugs, leader, half a dozen pretied rigs and a pair of pliers. I've done some snapper trips recently where I don't even carry baits in and just rely on the ability to get some salmon/pike/couta or hit a squid on the way in.

Scraglor wrote:
Mate, some of ur trips are insane. Big props
You should see some of the ones i haven't written up :) What I like best is that he's not making videos about catching fish, he's making videos about going on a fishing trip. He doesn't do anything you can't throw a bit of gear into your car and go and do for yourself.

If anyone is interested in the style, there is a really cool channel called 'primitive technology' where a guy is making stuff in a QLD forest from literally scratch. No talking, just video.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JX ... lZyD3nQdBA
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:38 am

Just watched one.
Thanks for sharing the link mate :thumbsup:

Return to “New South Wales”