Botany bay

New South Wales Fishing Reports
Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: Botany bay

Post by Kimtown » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:50 am

Jeez I wish we were allowed to drive on beaches in vic. the 90 would be so productive with a vehicle.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:17 pm

Nude up wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:24 pm
And you can in south aus towards the Murray mouth, that’s on my list to surf fish there for mulloway
Nude up wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:19 pm
My daughter just did a 4x4 trip to millicent in sa she tells me I would love it there 15 min to the beach you can drive on lots of small costal towns

Hey Nuddie, if your Daughter loves 4X4 and you can get a two (or three or more) convoy, a trip of a life-time for Mullies would have to be to Yalata, in the Great Australian Bight. Summer is the time there, and they have monsters there.

Mate and a group go up every year, Nov-Dec

Some bring Quad Bikes on modified trailers to expand their options

Yalata 1.PNG

They only keep the modest ones and release the big ones. Sorry, I don't have any photos of their big ones

Yalata 2.PNG

Absolutely stunning

Yalata 3.PNG

Cheers, Bug

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:42 pm

That’s a place I have been wanting to go too for quite some time now!
Just haven’t been able to organise the trip but it’s a on my list of must go to places :thumbsup:

Davo

Post by Davo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:44 am

rb85 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:08 pm
Redhunter wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:55 pm
It is good fun flicking a line somewhere you've never explored before.
I'm not sure of anywhere in Vic you can drive a car on the beach come to think of it!
Between Walkerville Sth and Nth on a dead low tide but it's only a few 100m
People do this but it’s not actually legal to drive between North and South. Under the foreshore mgt rules you are only meant to have a vehicle at either north or south to launch a boat. You are not meant to drive between north and south. Also they have bollarded South off from Xmas til after Aus day for two years, and this will continue so far as I know. So no launching by vehicle there in peak summer.

I can understand the bollarding on hot sunny days which are beach busy, but late evenings and cold days the beach at South can be pretty deserted.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:35 pm

Davo wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:44 am
rb85 wrote:
Redhunter wrote:
I'm not sure of anywhere in Vic you can drive a car on the beach come to think of it!
People do this but it’s not actually legal to drive between North and South. Under the foreshore mgt rules you are only meant to have a vehicle at either north or south to launch a boat. You are not meant to drive between north and south. Also they have bollarded South off from Xmas til after Aus day for two years, and this will continue so far as I know. So no launching by vehicle there in peak summer.

I can understand the bollarding on hot sunny days which are beach busy, but late evenings and cold days the beach at South can be pretty deserted.
I’ve never driven across the beach but have seen people park their cars on the sand on a dead low.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:21 pm

Yalata S.A. is definitely a place for your bucket list. We went there a couple of years ago for 2 weeks camped on the beach...stunning!
P1000399.JPG
Our camp behind the dune.
Yal4.jpg
Pete hooked up.
Yal3.jpg
Me with a cracker.
Yal1.jpg
Oops...I should have hit the dunes a bit harder!

Davo

Post by Davo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:52 pm

rb85 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:35 pm
Davo wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:44 am
rb85 wrote:
Redhunter wrote:

I’ve never driven across the beach but have seen people park their cars on the sand on a dead low.
Lost a long post!

No Car Parking is allowed on beach at either north or south.

At south, when launching Is allowed (not January) trailers must be parked on beach just N of the access ramp - there is no room for trailers up on the one lane steep dirt road, and while no one will care in winter when it’s mostly deserted, other times you might get in trouble - you might park the trailer up the road and get hemmed in causing all kinds of problems. So you disconnect, leave trailer on beach and park on the road. This is a requirement - not up ti your decision. A short bit of the highest tides might make this awkward but you just need to wait a bit if going out or fish a bit longer if coming in!

North can be problematic in the top half of the tide and/or if there’s a decent swell.

At north there is Car/trailer Parking on the road. No parking cars and/or trailers on beach at north is allowed.

Return to “New South Wales”