Craigbourne Monsters..

Tasmania Fishing Reports
meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Craigbourne Monsters..

Post by meppstas » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:28 pm

Some very large Atlantic Salmon have been released into Craigbourne Dam during the week,heavy tackle is recommended.. it's one of several Dams & Lakes open all year round..

Craigbourne Monsters
Fifty monster Atlantic salmon were put into Craigbourne Dam today. Averaging 12kg, with some weighing over 15kg, these fish are set to be the catch of a lifetime. They had to be let go into the dam by hand because they are so big.
As they were released they took off with a powerful tail kick showing a taste of the exciting opportunity that is now on offer. Kindly donated by Huon Aquaculture, these fish are sure to provide the keen angler with a unique winter angling experience.
Atlantic Salmon..jpg
Atlantic Salmon released into Craigbourne
Atlantic Salmon..jpg (6.33 KiB) Viewed 652 times
cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Marty.A

Re: Craigbourne Monsters..

Post by Marty.A » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:33 pm

Wow love to have crack at one of those Adrian my snapper gear would seem appropriate I think, have you thought about having a go yourself mate?

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:40 pm

What's the life expectancy on those things? I'm guessing no, but any water leading in or out of there?

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:41 pm

Wow they are absolute monsters :o_0:

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:50 pm

Marty.A wrote:Wow love to have crack at one of those Adrian my snapper gear would seem appropriate I think, have you thought about having a go yourself mate?
No it's some 180 kms from Sheffield & every man & his dog will be chasing them over the next few weeks. They'll survive for up to five months in there I would think, If the dam starts to spill again which it will then they'll go over it and head downstream..the Coal River flows into Craigbourne Dam. One bloke who was using 30lb braid got busted off yesterday.. couldn't stop it, took off like a train he reckons.. Another one that was landed (13kgs) broke the landing net handle when they lifted it into the boat.. they did get it into the boat which was good.. :-D

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Return to “Tasmania”