Tasmania December/January 2014/15

Tasmania Fishing Reports
mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Tasmania December/January 2014/15

Post by mazman » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:11 pm

Hey guys just found out that my family is going on a trip to tassie around christmas time this year. Not sure how long we'll be there for but we will be moving around the state. It has already been decided that we'll be fishing and we would definitely like to target trout and bream at some point but i'm not sure what else there is to offer for landbase fishing.
to sum it up I'm looking for ideas of where to go and what can be caught there also any info on other activities would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers Alex
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Re: Tasmania December/January 2014/15

Post by barra mick » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:13 pm

I sure meppas can help you out once he sees this post

bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:54 pm

Hopefully I can help with a few suggestions Alex. If you're chasing bream, then the best bream rivers are to be found along the East Coast of Tassie from below St Helens onwards. Soft plastics and Hardbody lures are very popular on the bream. As for trout fishing, every river that you come across will have brown trout in them, with some rivers also carrying both brown and rainbow trout. If you're coming over on the Spirit of Tasmania check out the information area on the boat I'm sure you'll find some brochures there on fishing Tasmania. Once on land then call into any one of the Information Centres around the state as they carry a variety of Angler's Access Brochures on trout fishing the rivers around the state. A trout license must be purchased to fish any water for trout, salt water fishing is free. Blade spinners, hard body (Rapalas CD-1, f-3, f-5), soft plastics all work well on the rivers and lakes here. If you need any more info Alex, feel free to ask mate. Will be glad to help were I can. You can also check out a site that I'm on here in Tassie too, it will be helpful too as it has plenty of info on it. http://www.fishingboatingtasmania.com.a ... tion=forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

mazman

Post by mazman » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:23 pm

Thanks Adrian I'll be sure to check out the other forum. Maybe we could catch up for a fish while i'm down there, would love to catch up and see if i'm fishing rivers the right way.

Cheers Alex

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:20 am

Mate tassie is fantastic for a fisho I used to go to hobart for work it was great you can catch bream in the derwent camo worms was the go hobart harbour was great soft plastics no problems salt or fresh anywhere is good

meppstas

Post by meppstas » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:59 am

mazman wrote:Thanks Adrian I'll be sure to check out the other forum. Maybe we could catch up for a fish while i'm down there, would love to catch up and see if i'm fishing rivers the right way.

Cheers Alex
That wouldn't be a problem Alex, I'm in the North of the state at Sheffield. PM me any time to work out something when your trip gets closer mate.
cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

mazman

Post by mazman » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:06 pm

we have decided that we'll be staying a few nights at st helens, swansea, hobart and launceston. looking at doing some saltwater stuff down the east coast and head for trout from Hobart and Launceston. hopefully one of the days were in launceston we'll be able to head over to sheffield and catch up with adrian.

Cheers Alex

meppstas

Post by meppstas » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:25 pm

That would be good Alex, if you can find the time mate.
cheers
Adrian

Lake Leake Boy

Post by Lake Leake Boy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:50 am

Swan River, just north of Swansea, the time of the year you are going, I reckon you would be able to catch a Black Back out of there! :fishing:
Proudley Sponsored by Dogtooth Distrabutions

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:12 am

Hey Alex,

While in St Helen do pay a visit to the Scamander River .. awesome place to fish .. My first cast was a 38cm bream before I could even rig up the second rod .. Definitely beats Pato River hands down :icon_lolz:

Enjoy the trip .. Tassie a fantastic place .. just a tag cold and windy though

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

Return to “Tasmania”