Just One Small Brown In A Short Spin Session.

Tasmania Fishing Reports
meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Just One Small Brown In A Short Spin Session.

Post by meppstas » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:29 pm

'' JUST THE ONE SMALL BROWN IN A SHORT SPIN SESSION.''
28-8-14

Now that every thing has settled down and the rivers have dropped a little more, plus the afternoon was just to good to be sitting around home I decided to head over to the Dasher River for a short spin session. The weather today was just great with just a light Nth Westerly breeze and once at the Dasher River the river level was perfect for wading too. It was at a medium height and had a nice light tannin colour to it. Once I was in the river I noticed quite a bit of green algae was now growing on the rocky bottom and this can be a real pain in the butt when spin fishing a small river like this. It can foul a spinner in no time, the lure only has to touch a rock or bounce on the bottom in a shallow run and it's fouled up with the algae.
Still it was too nice of the a day not to get in and have a spin and so I started of with a little copper #00 Mepps black fury and slowly worked my way upstream. I had worked close on three hundred meters without a sign of a fish and it wasn't looking good. This went on for another two hundred meters before I finally hooked into a small beautifully coloured brown that hit the spinner within a second of it lobbing in the river. A quick photo of this little 260gm brown and it was soon back in the river. Hoping that this was going to be the start of a good session from here on was soon dampened as I didn't have another hot or even sight a fish over the next three hundred meters before I called it a day.
Only the one small brown over the same stretch of river that gave me eleven hook ups for ten browns caught and released three weeks ago was pretty disappointing that's for sure. The good thing was that the house moving was all over now and I was finally back into a river doing what I love most. So even though I could only manage the one trout today it was still a great day to be in a river.
Cheers
Adrian
Attachments
The scenic Dasher River.(28-8-14) (Medium).JPG
small fast water,Dasher River.(28-8-14) (Medium).JPG
Beautifully coloured Dasher brown,(28-8-14) (Medium).JPG
Tannin water, Dasher River (28-8-14) (Medium).JPG
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

fishmagnet

Re: Just One Small Brown In A Short Spin Session.

Post by fishmagnet » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:01 am

good stuff! very nice photos too. at least you didn't donut.
cheers sam

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Re: Just One Small Brown In A Short Spin Session.

Post by meppstas » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:06 am

fishmagnet wrote:good stuff! very nice photos too. at least you didn't donut.
cheers sam
It was touch and go there for quite a while though... :fish5:
cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Return to “Tasmania”