Trout season ends on a high...

Tasmania Fishing Reports
meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Re: Trout season ends on a high...

Post by meppstas » Sun May 14, 2017 10:26 pm

It rarely that often an under size fish swallows the lure deep enough to do any damage to the gill area, they're normally hooked in the top or bottom jaw. In all my years of trout fishing rivers I reckon there would only have been half dozen under size fish released that I may not have survived. They did swim off but were still bleeding lightly but not from the gills, small trout will & can die of stress too and that's why one has to release them ASAP.
I do have a Jarvis Walker smoker in the shed that get used on the odd occasion I keep a large fish or two.. I also have an old wok that I have used to smoke trout too, just put sawdust in the bottom then place a round cake rack in it followed by one or two trout (400 gram size) cover with lid and then turn on the portable gas stove.. Great way to do one or two trout instead of using the large smoker, much easier to clean as well..

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Return to “Tasmania”