Trout fishing stats.. 2000-2017

Tasmania Fishing Reports
meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Re: Trout fishing stats.. 2000-2017

Post by meppstas » Sun May 21, 2017 10:56 am

Sorry for the late reply but my computer **** itself (14th) and is in for repairs, I've just started using a.tablet today.. brown trout are the primary fish of the two species released in Tassie and do have a better survival rate in the wild than the rainbows especially in low water levels during summer months. I have found the rainbows to stress quite quickly in tough conditions and when handled to long. The browns are a much stronger fish in my opinion and experience over the years of trout fishing rivers. I can only go on the trout in rivers as that 's all I ever fish, lake trout may be different as they're in deeper cooler waters. The rivers here rarely get with any trout stocked in them, they are all wild trout now and are self supporting. The lakes do get stocked several times a year. The browns are certainly the stronger of the two species... ;-) ;-)
Cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Blueyed1
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Blueyed1 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:36 pm

Awesome stats. Nice to know the Tassie fishery is so alive and well. Good to hear you can have so many trips out. If I went out that often, my Mrs would spit it bad. :o_0:

Joe

Bar002811

Post by Bar002811 » Tue May 23, 2017 6:39 am

Some great stats there mate!!

Return to “Tasmania”