Tough going chasing trout on the river..

Tasmania Fishing Reports
meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Re: Tough going chasing trout on the river..

Post by meppstas » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:15 pm

happyfriggincamper wrote:Regardless of age - just wow regarding 70m hands and knees bush bashing. I have pushed through some tough terrain but that's something I haven't ever done or thought of doing - commitment! I wonder how many parts you leave out when telling the wife haha.

Are the first two females and the third male? Quite different colouring and build on the third.
Spot on first two are females and the third is a young male, the front of his bottom jaw was just starting to to get that rise in it..

I showed Pam the photos.. she just rolled her eyes and said "You're bloody mad & no wonder your back is always sore" .. :(
But she know what I get up to most trips to the rivers.. :thumbsup:

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Paulanderson
Has liked: 59 times

Post by Paulanderson » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:29 pm

Hi Adrian interesting story and great pics as usual. Do you get any leeches in that sort of country? When I did some bush bashing for trout in Victoria years back in some areas they were a pain! I have just hit the 70 mark and even though I never miss an opportunity to wet a line crawling through thick scrub is not my idea of fun any more.

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:39 pm

Thanks Paul, a couple of times I have had a leech or two on my neck, didn't even know they were there until I went into a shop on the way home and the lady in the shop freaked out.. I ripped it off and it took forever to stop bleeding, being on Asprin etc didn't help either.. Both times it's been in damp areas when I had the leeches on me..

As for the getting into hard places, I get to a stage when I stop thinking & wondering what a river is like behind all the scrub & foliage and just decide I have to have a go at getting into it.. Most times it's been well worth the battle getting there, and there's been the odd couple of times it hasn't.. fish wise that is, the scenery is still right up there.. I think the older I'm getting, the sillier I am too.. ;-)

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Return to “Tasmania”