Swimming SNAKE & PLENTY Of TROUT

Tasmania Fishing Reports
meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Re: Swimming SNAKE & PLENTY Of TROUT

Post by meppstas » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:10 pm

Lightningx wrote:Nice pics mate. Are there many around? How often would you see one?
I've come across seven so far this season which isn't too bad really.. so one doesn't see them all that often.. Nine times out of ten I'm always in the river for the majority of the time, it's usually when I'm walking to or from the river when I come across a snake or like the other day when you spot one warming up.. They're only dangerous when they feel threatened so don't try to hit them or throw something at them. They always head for cover as soon as they spot or hear one moving towards them.. I was struck on the hip once but it was my own fault as I was getting out on the river bank and looking at the next stretch of water I was going to move into. It was only 7:00 am too and this Tiger snake was on the river bank sunning itself when I nearly stepped on it, startled it and it struck my left hip, I had waders on so there wasn't any way it would penetrate them.. It did put me on full alert for the rest of the spin session as I was fishing a small narrow tannin water that was out in the middle of no where... When I walk through the bush etc I always keep my arms & hands up as they're the most vulnerable exposed areas.. I have stepped on the odd one from time to time which isn't a good feeling, even then those snakes just darted off..

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

pwalnuts

Re: Swimming SNAKE & PLENTY Of TROUT

Post by pwalnuts » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:59 pm

Great video but holy ****, I've never seen a snake do that before! Glad I wear waders 90% of the time I fish rivers.

Return to “Tasmania”