Another PB Brown (3.85 kg) to end my season..

Tasmania Fishing Reports
Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Re: Another PB Brown (3.85 kg) to end my season..

Post by Bayrock » Wed May 02, 2018 6:08 pm

Phenomenal mate, well done!

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Wed May 02, 2018 7:24 pm

Well done and congrats Adrian, cheers davo :thumbsup:
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Truedogz
Has liked: 32 times

Post by Truedogz » Wed May 02, 2018 7:28 pm

meppstas wrote: this fish did a few crocodile rolls
Congratulations on your PB wild stream brown trout. I got an 8 pounder forty years ago on a dry fly in a Victoria stream and haven't seen another like it since, so that indicates what an exceedingly rare accomplishment it is. And yes, the photos don't do it justice. To give people some idea of the size of such a beast my fish was well over 60 cm and fat. By the looks of your fish it might have been 70 cm, its a huge trout. You would have been in shock when you saw it. Head shaking doesn't worry me but crocodile rolls really can undo a capture and the big ones seem to do it.

The most meritorious part of the capture was using all of that experience you have accumulated over the years to predict where that fish went and you lobbed it into the perfect spot. You out-thought that fish, a fantastic effort. :notworthy:
meppstas wrote: I'm still going over it in my head today
The young blokes these days have their go pro cameras that record everything so they can savour their captures. Us oldies just rely on our memories. I still get flashes, images in my mind almost daily of the big cod I got off the top a few weeks back. Its funny what a once in a lifetime fish can do. But don't end up like Milzee and have nightmares!

Savour the moment, you are unlikely to see another like it. A capture for the ages.

Best Wishes

Truedogz

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Wed May 02, 2018 8:24 pm

Damn Adrian - glad to see this being the end of your season. No doubt it was a monster fish, photos certainly never do things like this justice, but as you alluded to - that lure which looks like a micro HB in its mouth, gives some appreciation as to how big it actually would have been in the flesh. Stoked for you mate

treedoctor

Post by treedoctor » Wed May 02, 2018 9:11 pm

Just a quick question. Having caught most of my trout on the west cost of the uk that is a monster Fish. Congrats. Looking at the tail and shoulders he reminds me of some of the sea trout I caught. Considering the time of year is there any chance he was a sea run fish? I dong know the river so was just wondering.

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Wed May 02, 2018 10:52 pm

treedoctor wrote:Just a quick question. Having caught most of my trout on the west cost of the uk that is a monster Fish. Congrats. Looking at the tail and shoulders he reminds me of some of the sea trout I caught. Considering the time of year is there any chance he was a sea run fish? I dong know the river so was just wondering.
Thanks for the accolades guys, as always it's very much appreciated... I'm only too glad to write it up and share it with you all.. :thumbsup:

Treedoctor it's not a searun trout, it's certainly a resident wild brown trout and where I fished is around 60 kms from the sea.. They do occasionally catch sea run trout in the lower Leven River up to 5 kms from where the river meets Bass Strait.. The seas run trout arrive here in September onwards through to February or there abouts.. Searun trout are more common in the Mersey River & Emu Rivers across the North of Tassie, Dewrent & Huon Rivers in the South, Pieman & Arthur Rivers on the West Coast. These rivers are the main rivers where most sea run trout catches come form going by most reports.. I'm sure there's many more river around Tasmania that also have sea run trout head up them too, but people keep those river to themselves and don't report on them..

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu May 03, 2018 11:14 am

Awesome read yet again what a fish to end your season on. The colours on the fish never cease to amaze me

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Thu May 03, 2018 5:49 pm

Nice end to the season

Back to the house jobs now

Bm

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Thu May 03, 2018 6:56 pm

barra mick wrote:Nice end to the season

Back to the house jobs now

Bm
Thanks guys.. Have already been dead heading the roses, spraying a few weeds, trimming back a wattle tree..
Not a real lot to worry about at this stage. Will give the trout reels a service later and re spool them with 4 lb mono ready for next season.. :thumbsup:

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Broomstick » Fri May 04, 2018 9:38 am

Amazing fish mate! There isn't anyone for deserving - congrats!

Return to “Tasmania”