Two years apart, what's the odds of it happening again!!!

Tasmania Fishing Reports
Expomnowcon
Has liked: 16 times

Re: Two years apart, what's the odds of it happening again!!!

Post by Expomnowcon » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:48 am

I have a good you'll never believe it but... story too. Years back fishing for wels catfish in England, I made a perfectly presented rig that I just knew was a slayer. I cast out to some fishy looking overhanging trees across the lake but overshot it and got stuck in the tree (of course). A few re-baits and casts later on the same thing happened, but...I managed to get it out the tree this time without snapping up. I then let it drop down and left it as it landed in a good spot. 2 minutes later my reels smoking and about 20 minutes later I had a 62lb/28kg Catfish on the bank. I thought the hook came out in the net, but on closer inspection the hook was through the eye of the swivel on the rig I lost earlier and that is what hooked the cat! No pictures of the hookup to back this up unfortunately I was too wrapped and was too busy trying to get pictures with the (then) PB cat!

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:53 am

The fishing gods are on your side it seems

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:56 am

Brilliant!
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:52 pm

piscateur wrote:That is an awesome story and result. Just out of curiosity, are your castoff parting at the leader knot? And do you use an allbright leader knot?
it did break of at the knot, I found a small cut on the clip that more than likely was the cause for the break, It's only ever happened twice and both times it's been with this little lure.. never have had a problem any other time.. :oops: perhaps the lure is trying to tell me something.. :-D :-D

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Return to “Tasmania”