Little Aglia Mouche Noire gets a few trout...

Tasmania Fishing Reports
meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Little Aglia Mouche Noire gets a few trout...

Post by meppstas » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:02 pm

Mepps Aglia Mouche Noire does the Job..

Seeing as we had just on 12 mms of rain over the past few days I thought I would check out a small tannin stream to see if it had risen and whether it may be worth having a spin session. It has risen a couple of inches & after a twenty minute walk I was in the stream, the Mepps Aglia Mouche Noire being my lure of choice today. This lure is the perfect choice for this time of year as the rivers/streams get warmer, the trout really go for them. If you've never seen one it's an Aglia spinner and the treble hook has a red tag tied onto it, it's available in copper, gold, black & silver blades like all the Aglia's are & available from the small #00 up to bigger #2 lure. I chose the copper colour this trip mainly because I was fishing tannin water which suits it, the gold colour works well in tannin water too. Had the water been clear I would have chosen the black blade Aglia Mouche Noire..
2 No margin for error here when casting.  (Medium).JPG
No margin for error when casting here..
1 First brown trout of the morning. (Medium).JPG
First of the day..
It wasn't until I had fished around one hundred meters of the little stream when I had my first fish take the little Aglia spinner. It was only a small brown but it was a start, ten minutes later I had my second little brown in the net at 9:40 am. After fishing many other stretches of water with just the one hooked & lost fish I had to get out and go around a deep pool. Once on the grassy bank I came across a Tiger snake sunning itself, it was a good reminder that they're out and about again and to stay alert & be on the lookout for them. I've stepped on a few in my days while fishing the rivers and had one strike and hit my hip on one occasion, my waders saved the day. When I walk through high grass or climb over fallen trees or debris I always keep my arms raised as not to expose them to being bitten. The area I'm fishing is probably one of the worst areas for snakes that I've ever fished, another reason this trip may be my last one here until March/April next year unless we get a few cool damp days with an inch or two of rain.
2 Aglia Mouche Noire & wild brown trout. (Medium).JPG
Another little brown falls to the aglia mouche..
4 Another small trout caught here.  (Medium).JPG
Trout taken here..
4 Lovely wild brown trout. (Medium).JPG
Beautifully coloured tannin water brown..
4 Tiger snake sunning itself. 7020 (Medium).JPG
It's that time of year to stay alert when fishing rivers..

I was soon back in the river working my way upstream where I did have another hook up but lost it. I had to get out of the water to go around some debris before hopping back into a narrow piece of water. I did something I only do every so often and only in small streams/creeks, that was to cast the spinner downstream. I lobbed the spinner into a small pocket of shaded water close to the river bank and immediately had a brown dart out and take the Aglia Mouche. It was a nice solid brown and the best one of the morning so far. It had taken just on forty minutes to catch my third trout in a slow going spin session. A half and hour later I had my forth fish in the net, that fish was followed with two more browns taken in five minutes, plus I had also hooked & lost another one as well. All of a sudden my total had jumped to six trout for the mornings effort which I was quite happy with. It was now full sun on the water and the wind had picked up from the North East. I fished on for another thirty minutes & caught trout number seven at 11:45 am, that's when I called it a day. Given the low water level and a North Easterly wind I was quite satisfied with the end result.
5 Lovely golden coloured brown trout.  (Medium).JPG
Another solid brown..
5 Ready for release.(Medium).JPG
Ready for release
6 Trout falls to the Aglia Mouche lure. (Medium).JPG
Last trout of the day..
7 Last trout of the day caught here. (Medium).JPG
Last brown taken here..
Watch some footage of the spin session on YouTube.. www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0rKou2Y0vE

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Re: Little Aglia Mouche Noire gets a few trout...

Post by barra mick » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:56 pm

Nice stream to fish there ....great colors in the trout

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:17 pm

Top report and pics and a great read as always!
Cheers :thumbsup:

StarrangerAU
Has liked: 58 times

Post by StarrangerAU » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:55 am

I am fast coming to conclusion Adrian has at least 3 arms .... one for the landing rod, one for the net, and one for the camera.

Fabulous pics, and a great read. Thanks for sharing another excellent report, and those wonderful pictures of Tasmania's trouts & outdoor scenery.

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:20 am

StarrangerAU wrote:I am fast coming to conclusion Adrian has at least 3 arms .... one for the landing rod, one for the net, and one for the camera.

Fabulous pics, and a great read. Thanks for sharing another excellent report, and those wonderful pictures of Tasmania's trouts & outdoor scenery.
Sorry for the late reply but the NBN has been on and off for the past week( 8-9 hours each time).. damn pain in the butt.. :down:

Thanks guys, very average with the video using my fishing camera, still gives you an idea of the areas I fish and glad you appreciate the reports & videos..

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Return to “Tasmania”