Flounder Tassie

Tasmania Fishing Reports
re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Flounder Tassie

Post by re-tyred » Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:32 am

I am down in Tassie for Xmas. Previous land based fishing, with grandkids ,south of Hobart has proved to be difficult. So I bought flounder lights and spears. No idea where to go. Had a bit of a look at the charts for shallow bays. Decided on snug bay for first go. Had to wait till nearly 10 pm for dark. So 16yo grandaughter and I set of in our waders. Nice sandy bay. Saw a few undersize flatties and the usual toadies. Started to think they don't live here. Then hmm couple of eyes poking up at the edge of the light. Slowly moved up , yep definitely a flounder and size. Nearly scared it of while telling grandaughter how to spear them, but it settled back down. Quick jab and got it. Into the bag. Now we are "Yeah this is the spot". Half an hour of walking up and down,nothing. Oh well give it another 15 minutes then go home. Then woo another one in the light. Grandaughter moved up slow paused and then speared it in the head like an expert. Yeah enthused again. Saw more flathead 2 skate a stingray but no flounder. 11-30pm that will do us for first go. Home for midnight cake and my 70th birthday. At 12.05am. How good a birthday is that. 🍰
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Tackleberry
Has liked: 302 times

Re: Flounder Tassie

Post by Tackleberry » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:39 am

Well done and happy birthday Mike
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:05 am

Gave it another go and we managed 5 nice flounder for a couple of hours. Kids had fun.
Tried over at south arm last week, massive shallow bay. Saw heaps but all barely size.
Heading home in a week. Will be back chasing gummies offshore at Lakes and maybe some KGWs in the lake.
Attachments
IMG_20240102_102527_751.jpg
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Post by Andrews » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:52 pm

Great feed there mate, glad you were able to get into them!
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

Return to “Tasmania”