fishing tasmania

Tasmania Fishing Reports
trout-hunter
Has liked: 8 times

fishing tasmania

Post by trout-hunter » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:45 pm

Hey all, me and a mate have been planning a trip to tassie to hook a trophy brown, get some good photos and return to the water. What is the best time to head to tassie and what river should we try?
Cheers davo

black celta

Re: fishing tasmania

Post by black celta » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:24 pm

trout-hunter wrote:Hey all, me and a mate have been planning a trip to tassie to hook a trophy brown, get some good photos and return to the water. What is the best time to head to tassie and what river should we try?
Cheers davo
G'day, Davo
I have been there many times and want to retire there.
If you can tell me a bit more about your trip Re; boat ?, fly,bait,lure ? , river , lake . And where you will be base'ing your selves from !, how long your staying and the best time is anytime although dureing the open season is best. Cheers :a_goodjob:

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:56 pm

im intetested also black celta

im going on the spirit of tas and taking my quinny topender

plan to fish the lakes and river/camp or caravan park ect

im not sure were to start eithier

cheers bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

trout-hunter

Post by trout-hunter » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:03 pm

Haha barra mick. Its a bugger aint it. The internet has way to many choices and wont give me a straight bloody answer.. I laught when i seen your reply

trout-hunter

Post by trout-hunter » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:10 pm

Dam i didnt submit my last post... We can only go for a weekend or 3 days tops. We will be lure fishing and maby a bit of bait drifting. We are after a river that can be waided and hold a lot of browns. We will be camping or caravan park witch ever it dont matter. Thank heaps black celta
Cheers davo

barra mick

Post by barra mick » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:01 pm

trout-hunter wrote:Haha barra mick. Its a bugger aint it. The internet has way to many choices and wont give me a straight bloody answer.. I laught when i seen your reply

yeah the net wasnt much help !!!

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:59 pm

davo if you go back into the other Australian states in the forum and click on Tasmania again I have an article on fishing & wading Tasmania's rivers on there. Best time for most rivers here in the North on the lures is From Feb to April and it's also usually the best weather conditions then as well. The lakes fish pretty good all season when trolling lures. Try a site called FBT (fishingboatingtasmania.com.au) has quite a lot of angler's reports on it and may be of some help to you.
cheers
Adrian
Last edited by meppstas on Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:11 pm

HAHA, decisions, decisions. My last trip to tassie I went to a place called Hadspen it is about 10 mins from Launceston right on the South Esk river. It also gave me access to the Meander river and Barkers Creek all within about 20 mins of Caravan park, it also gives you opportunity to fish Brushy's Lagoon which is only 30 mins away, it holds some huge Atlantic salmon, Trout and Brook Trout, you can launch a boat there or in the Esk River itself and it was also about an hour from the Great Lake

barra mick

Post by barra mick » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:19 pm

thanks fishsniper and meppstas

i will read the sites and get back to you

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:12 pm

This Inland Fisheries site may also be of some help too..http://www.ifs.tas.gov.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; when it comes up click on the Angler's Access on the LHS, you can also call into any of the Tackle stores or Information Centres and pick up the brochures from them as well. If you go back to the forum in Freshwater Fishing (general freshwater fishing)the following article is in there that may be of sone help as well. ''Where To Catch Trout In Rivers & Streams.''
cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Return to “Tasmania”