CC1.PNG
CC1.PNG (250.6 KiB) Viewed 3915 times

Yep, they sure do look Cranky

CC2.PNG
CC2.PNG (191.82 KiB) Viewed 3915 times

Arrived at Westlakes at a nice quiet spot

CC3.PNG
CC3.PNG (171.37 KiB) Viewed 3915 times

Now this Crab sure is Cranky with a circle hook up its arrrrrrrrrr, so that's how you bait up a live crab

CC4.PNG
CC4.PNG (225.93 KiB) Viewed 3915 times

Why you cheeky bugga, go tell your Mum there's crab for her dinner at the end of my line :-D

CC5.PNG
CC5.PNG (205.13 KiB) Viewed 3915 times

Aaaah, Boat , , , , makes for a nice pleasant afternoon

CC6.PNG
CC6.PNG (121.12 KiB) Viewed 3915 times

New spot, they are still cheeky but they are only a little bigger

CC7.PNG
CC7.PNG (151.37 KiB) Viewed 3915 times

Well, maybe they are getting bigger , , , , but at this rate the legal ones should be here by , , , , Tuesday

CC8.PNG
CC8.PNG (157.39 KiB) Viewed 3915 times

At least a fellow fisho's dog shows interest in the Pillies. I always cast a Mullie Rod, but with the absence of livies, Pillies are going to have to do , , , , but apparently not. No Mulloway :(

CC9.PNG
CC9.PNG (131.07 KiB) Viewed 3915 times

Aaaah, the Boat again

CC9a.PNG
CC9a.PNG (134.85 KiB) Viewed 3915 times

Fact was, with the tides being low-ish today, today was always going to be trying Cranky Crabs on the Bream, as you can only get the Crabs at low tide.

Cheers, Bug

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Re: Cheeky Bream on Cranky Crabs

Post by e.welch » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:22 pm

at least you caught some fish

matari
Has liked: 5 times

Post by matari » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:38 pm

have a look at alexs fishing on youtube he seems to fish there quite often with lures! he even got a squid in there once! nice fish! Cheers Matari :thumbsup:

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:16 pm

Good stuff Bug

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:17 pm

e.welch wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:22 pm
at least you caught some fish
Thanks e

I have to say, catching at least something was good because it broke up the afternoon & evening.

Cheers, Bugz

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:21 pm

matari wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:38 pm
have a look at alexs fishing on youtube he seems to fish there quite often with lures! he even got a squid in there once! nice fish! Cheers Matari :thumbsup:
Thanks Matari

I shall check it out. Yes, I have seen a few squid caught there on some summer nights. On one occassion a Mullie fisherman was trying to catch one to put it out as a livie. From what I've gathered, in Westlakes, live little squid are like jelly beans for Mulloway. He couldn't catch one, and no-one would give him one, even to give some money for it. I tried catching one to give to him but I wasn't successful :(

Cheers, Bugz

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:24 pm

rb85 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:16 pm
Good stuff Bug
It was a nice evening rb. Met a lovely couple and their dog "Buster" at the last spot and we stayed probably an hour longer than we were all intending having a great chat while Buster was sneaking closer and closer to my Pillies, he loved them :-D . We pooled our bait and had some mixed success, no keepers though

Cheers, Bugz

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:39 pm

Nice mate! I notice you pin your cranky crab on the hook how I do my spider crab... but I was watching Timmy turtle and he and briggsy cut the crab in half and bury the hook with the barb hidden in a leg of the crab... they reckon it increases hook ups and bream love it... how though? Can anyone shed some light?

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:55 pm

Looks like you were in and around the Port Adelaide area (going by the mangroves) collecting the little rock crabs Bill, great Bream bait for sure..
Shame you didn't pick up some decent size bream in West Lakes.. I did hear there are a lot of little ones in the lake at the moment as well as small salmon trout.. Good to see you out there wetting a line again.. :water:

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:10 pm

meppstas wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:55 pm
Looks like you were in and around the Port Adelaide area (going by the mangroves) collecting the little rock crabs Bill, great Bream bait for sure..
Shame you didn't pick up some decent size bream in West Lakes.. I did hear there are a lot of little ones in the lake at the moment as well as small salmon trout.. Good to see you out there wetting a line again.. :water:

cheers
Adrian

You haven't lost your South Australian touch Adrian.

Yes, that was in the Port River (under any rock you can find) and those crabs are gun bait, especially for the larger Bream. And you are spot on the money with the Salmon Trout too, they are about in the lake at the moment. A mate picks up a couple easy on a park alongside the second bridge of Westlakes Boulevard in the mornings.

I was fishing the blue arrow spots, the Boulevard blue arrow was the second spot, with the couple. Nice with all the buzz about us in the middle of suburbia, just shows nature is always amongst us.

The yellow arrow is the park next to the second bridge where the Salmon trout are being caught by the mate.

Bream lake.PNG

Thanks Adrian, it was nice getting out. And I was quite fortunate to have met the lovely couple, we had a great chat about things in general.

Cheers, Bill

Return to “South Australia”