Sweetwater Trekking....

Queensland Fishing Reports
lukesfishinmission

Sweetwater Trekking....

Post by lukesfishinmission » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:45 pm

The sweetwater waterholes within close proximity of the Mackay urban area are some of the most scenic and picturesque locations I have ever fished. I have always been an avid fisher of the salt and briny but these pristine, freshwater locations are rapidly becoming my most preferred fishing destinations. It surely can be attributed to the cascading, cool waterfalls, the massive boulders and the thick riparian vegetation that makes these locations so appealing. It honestly is untouched and one could be forgiven for thinking you were in the dense rainforest of Papua New Guinea or the Amazon.

For the full report and heaps more images, visit my blog - http://www.lukesfishinmission.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Live It....Breathe It....

Luke
Attachments
str.jpg
str.jpg (135.21 KiB) Viewed 771 times
346.jpg
346.jpg (76.36 KiB) Viewed 771 times
11.jpg
11.jpg (198.39 KiB) Viewed 771 times
6.jpg
6.jpg (152.75 KiB) Viewed 771 times
Visit my blog! www.lukesfishinmission.com

Like my page on Facebook! http://www.Facebook.com/LukesFishinMission" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Re: Sweetwater Trekking....

Post by davek » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:14 pm

:rocking_report: :nicefish: great site you have there, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

lukesfishinmission

Post by lukesfishinmission » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:38 pm

Cheers for the comment Davo. Always appreciate hearing that kind of feedback. Makes all the hard work, worthwhile

Like my page on Facebook! http://www.Facebook.com/LukesFishinMission" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SFP Guy.

Post by SFP Guy. » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:08 pm

Tough life you have up there Luke!

Next time I'm heading to Hervey Bay I'll let you know, maybe we can meet up somewhere for a session or two!

Keep up the good work.

Cam.

lukesfishinmission

Post by lukesfishinmission » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:57 pm

Yeh its pretty tough Cam but hey somebody has to do it! haha

Yeh let me know mate. Will be in Bundaberg in 3 weeks which is very close to the Bay.

Cheers

toygtr

Post by toygtr » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:44 pm

Im from F.N.Q originally, If walking freshwater streams, rivers up there keep an eye out for bullrouts.
They are a freshwater version of the stonefish and very painful to stand on. Crazy painful.

lukesfishinmission

Post by lukesfishinmission » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:16 pm

Yeh thanks toygtr, we are always mindful of them and wear descent reef boots with the metal pins and thick tread in them specifically for that reason. They are definitely around where we went thats for sure.

I have got an uncle who is a big man (close to 150kg) who has been stung by one. He has lost half a finger in an accident before and hes said that losing part of a finger was a cup of tea compared to being done by a bullrout. Absolutely excruciating then recon hey

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:22 pm

I got one of those bull routs and didn't know what it was. I was about to grab it and then saw the spines. Lucky aye. Also on a charter a girls caught one and grabbed it. Somehow she didn't get spiked!
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:26 pm

:good: You gotta good life up there Luke keep it up bud :thumbsup:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Return to “Queensland”