Smackin Em'

Queensland Fishing Reports
lukesfishinmission

Smackin Em'

Post by lukesfishinmission » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:31 pm

So I woke up with the sparrows this morning with the goal of pursuing a few feisty little blue salmon on the bream gear. My mate Dan and I found ourselves walking to our chosen location at 5am and had not much more than the light of our head torches guiding the way. Anticipation was high due to the fact we hadn’t fished this location for about 3-4months.

The last few times we fished this spot, admittedly, we did terribly, however, we have caught more than our fair share of awesome fish from here so we thought it was about time we hit it again. The cooler weather has ensured the blue salmon have been out in full force, which were the main targets for the sesh.

If I went through all the fish we caught, I would be here all day typing it out, but this session turned out to be a cracker with 2 bream, 2 grunter, 4 flathead (none of which were under 60cm), 1 trevally and 4 blue salmon being landed.

For the full report, visit - http://www.lukesfishinmission.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers
Attachments
DSCN19701.jpg
DSCN19701.jpg (211.94 KiB) Viewed 539 times
DSCN19471.jpg
DSCN19471.jpg (256.42 KiB) Viewed 539 times
DSCN19431.jpg
DSCN19431.jpg (158.41 KiB) Viewed 539 times
DSCN19301.jpg
DSCN19301.jpg (135.45 KiB) Viewed 539 times
Visit my blog! www.lukesfishinmission.com

Like my page on Facebook! http://www.Facebook.com/LukesFishinMission" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rixter

Re: Smackin Em'

Post by rixter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:43 pm

Nice report and pics. I also like your DIY weighted jig head setup for the sp, good idea ! .

Cheers , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

TrevKing

Post by TrevKing » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:55 pm

Stop making me jealous Luke. :nicefish:
On the prong, I see :)
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

Plas-Flicker

Post by Plas-Flicker » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:50 pm

Nice, very nice!
Tight lines = Good Times!

lukesfishinmission

Post by lukesfishinmission » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:24 pm

Cheers guys yeh Trev, everything was on the prong except the first flatty (70cm) which was taken on an atomic plazo fat grub (3 inch)

Rigster - Its not really a do it yourself thing due to the fact I dont like using jigheads or thing they are too expensive. The way I rig my plastics is "weedless" on a gamakatsu worm hook. The lure lays flat with the point of the hook and when a fish crunches it, the lure compresses down into the gape of the hook and you hook them in the corner of the jaw everytime as can be seen in my post and on my blog. This rig allows me to throw my lure into rock bars, mangrove roots etc (essentially the most harshest of structure) and not foul up. Check it out on my blog. If you scroll down far enough I actually did a blog entry on how to do this. It is the only way i fish these days
Cheers
Visit my blog! www.lukesfishinmission.com

Like my page on Facebook! http://www.Facebook.com/LukesFishinMission" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Queensland”