noosa fishing

Queensland Fishing Reports
Master-pro

noosa fishing

Post by Master-pro » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:14 pm

Hey all, family are thinking of going to noosa around January/February and i would like to know what the fishing like up there.
What species can i target this time of year?
What techniques baits or lures?
I will also try and book a charter before i go.
Any help would be great :victory:
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

Sarg-79-

Re: noosa fishing

Post by Sarg-79- » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:31 pm

You could hire a boat and fish the noosa river. You will catch summer whiting, dusky flathead, bream you may even score a trevally or a tailor. I fished it a few times from the bank for bream and flathead.

Softies are a go and bait.

Check this link out....

http://www.fishingnoosa.com.au/sept0513.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:49 pm

Thanks sarg that's great help, need to pick up a decent light outfit before I go!
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

biggar

Post by biggar » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:10 pm

I'm going up in December. Heard they get plenty of fish in the river. Pretty excited!!
Angling is the name given to fishing by people that can't fish

MadMullet

Post by MadMullet » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:52 pm

don't know if he's still operating, but there used to be a guide up there Nat Bromhead....well switched on (if fly centric) guide who used to guide hinchinbrook and weipa.....worth a look :)
in vino veritas ....make mine a double

TrevKing

Post by TrevKing » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:56 am

I go there there in Winter, its a great spot.
In the warmer months the river will produce bream, whiting, flatties, trevally, mangrove jack, tarpon and heaps more.
The beach fishing is good also, I caught some nice feeds of whiting off the main beach on sandworms along with the occasional bream or dart.
Rock fishing is meant to be good but I've never tried, not brave enough to go out there without an experienced guide.
If you are looking at booking an offshore charter, I highly recommend Noosa Bluewater. http://www.fishingnoosa.com.au/bluewater.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've been on the charter several times and its definitely better than any others we've tried over the years.
They have a great boat, are nice and friendly, and provide all the food/gear you will need. Every time I've gone out with them plenty of decent fish have been landed. :thumbsup:
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

foggybottom

Post by foggybottom » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:07 am

I've fished the rocks along the national park track to the point, the noosa river side (if you look on google maps its where the boat is off) and caught plenty of flathead and whiting. I've been snorkelling off there as well and seen plenty of bream hanging around. I used to just use a running sinker rig with small slices of mullet or squid on a 2/0 suicide hook or a little baitholder. I've never seen it dangerous there either, but as its rock fishing, spend a good 15 minutes just watching before you head down. If fishing with the kids just take care.

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:24 pm

thanks for all the help guys,i will definatly check out that charter trev!
I would probably so a mix of river, beach and rock fishing.
does anyone know if kingfish or other game can be taken from the rocks in summer?

bluebird5

Post by bluebird5 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:50 pm

Heard they get plenty of fish in the river. Pretty excited!! :shark: You could hire a boat and fish the noosa river. You will catch summer whiting, dusky flathead, bream you may even score a trevally or a tailor. I fished it a few times from the bank for bream and flathead.

:water:
http://www.unisg.ch/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.free-braindumps.net/RHCSA-training.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

biggar

Post by biggar » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:55 pm

I caught some estuary cod on soft plastics when I was there a couple of weeks ago
Angling is the name given to fishing by people that can't fish

Return to “Queensland”