Heading to caloundra for holis soon. Anyone know any spots??

Queensland Fishing Reports
Lorenzopace06

Heading to caloundra for holis soon. Anyone know any spots??

Post by Lorenzopace06 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:17 pm

I'll be heading caloundra for a weeks holidays soon and looking for some info if anyone know of places to fish close to there, I will be taking a few diff rods so, piers, surf, sand anything is possible. If anyone knows of some good locations plz let me know or pm me also :-) muchly appreciated :-)

gtsoarer

Re: Heading to caloundra for holis soon. Anyone know any spo

Post by gtsoarer » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:48 am

Try pelican waters abit up from caloundra few minutes drive turn right before you go over the brigde of the cannal inlet follow bout 30 secs look to your left untill u see a bench chair and the cannal water infront, my olds live in caloundra and this spot noone gose hardly, fish on high tide with the wind against you, i,ve caught 80cm cod, queenfish, greenbacks travelly you name it even a 1.5 metre bull shark everywere else is fished out and no mullet left for the fish because of netting, give the ago and you wont be disapointed.. :-)

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Post by fishingvic » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:27 am

Caloundra is a beautiful town. We drove through there a few years ago. I fished off the boardwalk just using pilchards and a paternoster rig and caught about 5 beautiful flathead in a couple of hours. Also latched onto something I couldn't stop. Definitely give the boardwalk a go!

Lorenzopace06

Post by Lorenzopace06 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:39 am

Thanks gtsoarer, I just checked it out on google maps but couldn't really tell where you were talking, is there any street address or anything you could pm me and I'll try to find it :-) cheers

Return to “Queensland”