Fraser island, hamilton island and the whitsundays,

Queensland Fishing Reports
allrounder_13

Fraser island, hamilton island and the whitsundays,

Post by allrounder_13 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:19 am

Hey guys,
Heading to Queensland early next year bd trying to gather all the info i can.
1: is there any decent fishing on hamilton island? And if not what charters off good value?
2: Fraser island: any good on shore fishing, if not are there any good value for money charters?
3: the Whitsunday's in general which islands offer good fishing close to shore on a dingy or good trolling? And what species are commonly caught.
And finally what bait/ lures are the go?
Thanks.
A13

SFP Chick

Re: Fraser island, hamilton island and the whitsundays,

Post by SFP Chick » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:32 am

Hi A13,

Well I grew up in Qld in and around the areas you are going to. But your best bet regarding Hamilton Island and the Whitsundays in general is to get hold of Luke from lukesfishinmission on here. He lives up there and will be able to help you with the reef species in general.

I can help you with Fraser Island and Hervey Bay.

Are you going to be located on Fraser Island? If so, will you be fishing the ocean side, or the inside facing the mainland? Two very different experiences.

As for charters out of Hervey Bay, I can help you there too, but would need some more info first. Are you staying in the Bay? If you will have a van with you or anything like that I can also help you with the best van parks etc. (My parents live in the Bay and have done for about 30years)

I can also give you some tips on other stuff too.

If you are driving up from Melbourne/Vic we can provide lots of help on great locations to stop on the way. Also heaps of members on here can help with all of the above too.

Can I come too :-D :-D

Cheers
Amanda

allrounder_13

Post by allrounder_13 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:37 am

SFP Chick wrote:Hi A13,

Well I grew up in Qld in and around the areas you are going to. But your best bet regarding Hamilton Island and the Whitsundays in general is to get hold of Luke from lukesfishinmission on here. He lives up there and will be able to help you with the reef species in general.

I can help you with Fraser Island and Hervey Bay.

Are you going to be located on Fraser Island? If so, will you be fishing the ocean side, or the inside facing the mainland? Two very different experiences.

As for charters out of Hervey Bay, I can help you there too, but would need some more info first. Are you staying in the Bay? If you will have a van with you or anything like that I can also help you with the best van parks etc. (My parents live in the Bay and have done for about 30years)

I can also give you some tips on other stuff too.

If you are driving up from Melbourne/Vic we can provide lots of help on great locations to stop on the way. Also heaps of members on here can help with all of the above too.

Can I come too :-D :-D

Cheers
Amanda
Wow thanks for a greta response!
Ill have access to a car and ill be located on the outside of the bay.
Thanks again for such a detailed response!

SFP Chick

Post by SFP Chick » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:50 am

No problem at all,

Cam and I have to go out now for the rest of today, but I will get some information together for you. Also there are some threads on here where we have put info regarding our Hervey Bay trips too.

I will put something up for you tomorrow with links to those threads too.

Mate by the time you leave here we will have you all set with everything you need to know. Look out Qld fish !!!

Cheers
Amanda

Return to “Queensland”