getting back into it

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
abbey80

getting back into it

Post by abbey80 » Mon May 12, 2014 6:32 am

hi all just wondering if anyone can give me a few landbased locations to have a go at,i haven't been out for a few years so just trying to get up to speed,whiting would be my preferred method or a few pinkies im not fussy just trying to ease my way back,thoughts ???

thanks all ;)

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Re: getting back into it

Post by davek » Mon May 12, 2014 6:38 am

g'day abbey80, welcome to the site. I'm mainly freshwater fishing but someone will give you the info you need I'm sure. Good luck with your fishing :thumbsup: cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

abbey80

Post by abbey80 » Mon May 12, 2014 6:47 am

thanks davo, I previously spent a lot of time freshwater fishing but was mainly restricted to the pondage due to having no boat or knowledge on locations,any advice would be appreciated

cheers mate

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Mon May 12, 2014 7:06 am

Always happy to help out, if your heading up Nagambie area anytime just PM me and I'll try to set you right, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Omer
Has liked: 33 times

Post by Omer » Mon May 12, 2014 5:26 pm

Northern PPB has been doing alright with pinkies if youre anywhere around there
What is meant for you, will never miss you. That which misses you was never meant for you.

seephil
Has liked: 37 times

Post by seephil » Mon May 12, 2014 6:12 pm

Where are you based?
Personally fishing land based; WP for whiting, pinkies in PPB. Recent reports for pinkies have been coming through and as stated by Omer, the northern part of PPB have been producing some pinkies and occasional snapper.
WP has been funny for me this year. Haven't hard much luck on whitings.
Goo luck

abbey80

Post by abbey80 » Sun May 18, 2014 6:18 am

im based in Doreen,land based fishing is my option no boat obviously,are there any accessible locations in wp for land based angling??

Plas-Flicker

Post by Plas-Flicker » Sun May 18, 2014 8:37 am

Welcome, wish I could help out but haven't even seen a whiting let alone caught one ha ha.
Also haven't ventured over WP way so no idea on what or where over there.
Tight lines = Good Times!

fishmagnet

Post by fishmagnet » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:14 pm

:welcome: to the site! for pinkies and whiting any of the piers can produce but can be a bit hit or miss. the northern end of ppb is best for pinkies but you can get them in good numbers further down the bay too. for whiting, any of the piers in the southern end of ppb is good and any of the piers in wp can produce too. for some freshwater fishing, as you are based in doreen, the plenty river produces really well around that area and i can show you some really good spots as I'm based very close to doreen. if you want some advice on the plenty, just pm me. if not' i hope this info helped and enjoy the site!
cheers sam :)

abbey80

Post by abbey80 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:59 am

hi all, looking at heading out wednsday morning if the weather is kind, restricted to landbased fishing,any advice on location this time of year would be much appreciated, whiting or pinkie preffered species or don't mind chasing the trout

cheers

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”