New to the rye area

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
dusoe

New to the rye area

Post by dusoe » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:35 pm

ive just moved to rye from perth and dont know any spots or anyone down here at all, so if possible could i get some places to try (im not asking for the "special" spots) just a spot i can relax and catch a fish, and also what to use bait lures etc, thanks in advanced

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Re: New to the rye area

Post by davek » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:15 pm

g'day and welcome mate, can't help with locations but some of the shy ones on here will surely help you soon, ;) cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Fredfillis

Post by Fredfillis » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Welcome! Would love to be where you are. Far from expert or successful but others here have recommended Sorrento pier for a good time. Not much more help from me I'm afraid. Still finding my way :)

Larksy88

Post by Larksy88 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:04 pm

Mate you are in a good area, you can either head south to sorrento/blairgowrie for whiting, big squid and a few other species, you can head back down to Mornington/Mt Martha and there is also squid, flatties, pinkies and the ccasional Snapper

ORRR you can go down the back beaches like Gunnamatta and Portsea for Salmon, you can also catch Gummys there too

Matt

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:18 pm

dusoe wrote:ive just moved to rye from perth and dont know any spots or anyone down here at all, so if possible could i get some places to try (im not asking for the "special" spots) just a spot i can relax and catch a fish, and also what to use bait lures etc, thanks in advanced
:welcome2: what gear do you have ? are you new to fishing ? :r
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:06 pm

pwoahhh from perth to rye!? well guess thats okay least it wasnt melbourne hahaha! you guys have mad fishing grounds there! ,.. but rye is still pretty good!

Yes yes you have many places like the Rye Pier... off the shallows on the right you can catch squid and salmon , all the way to portsea pier!

or if you like somewhere just close by you ,.. theres rosebud too , just depends what you targetting :D
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:08 pm

Find CarlG and tag along.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”