FACEBOOK is killing good forums

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
adamk

Re: FACEBOOK is killing good forums

Post by adamk » Tue May 03, 2016 8:25 pm

Scraglor wrote:
adamk wrote:
4liters wrote:
adamk wrote:
GONE FISHING wrote:I'll take that as sarcasm... But this goes to prove my point you can't always tell who is serious and who is kidding around.

Either way it's the internet and you have to take things with a grain of salt at times.....
no sarcasim. tbh i found your comment to be 100% correct :thumbsup:
I thought a condescending wonka meme implied you were taking the p1ss
24 cans of turkey prolly inpaired my judgement to use that image but you are right too lmao
You were doing well to get such a coherent post together after 24 cans of turkey. Lol. If that was me, all you would get would be whatever gibberish appeared after I rolled my face across the keyboard :P

exp lmao once apon a time it use to be bob marley an a can for brecky an smash can's an bottles. nows its fish an drink lol but least my emptys go in the bin

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Tue May 03, 2016 8:57 pm

So what were all these so called good forums that are being killed?

Fishing westernport was my favorite forum as they had meet ups and it was like a little community. Now its a ghost town and as i dont have facebook im stuck with you lot!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue May 03, 2016 8:58 pm

adamk wrote:
Scraglor wrote:
adamk wrote:
4liters wrote:
adamk wrote:
no sarcasim. tbh i found your comment to be 100% correct :thumbsup:
I thought a condescending wonka meme implied you were taking the p1ss
24 cans of turkey prolly inpaired my judgement to use that image but you are right too lmao
You were doing well to get such a coherent post together after 24 cans of turkey. Lol. If that was me, all you would get would be whatever gibberish appeared after I rolled my face across the keyboard :P

exp lmao once apon a time it use to be bob marley an a can for brecky an smash can's an bottles. nows its fish an drink lol but least my emptys go in the bin
Sounds like you're much better off now mate :) I had a time when I was like that too but it was along time ago now :)

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed May 04, 2016 6:35 am

crumpet_avenger wrote:So what were all these so called good forums that are being killed?

Fishing westernport was my favorite forum as they had meet ups and it was like a little community. Now its a ghost town and as i dont have facebook im stuck with you lot!
I've found a few while searching for reports and other fishing info. You have a look at the last post dates and there's one from 2016 and the rest are 2015 and 2014. Fishnet.com.au looks like it used to be a really busy forum but now there doesn't seem to be much happening. From the tone of a lot of the old posts though it seems like facebook would be a natural fit for some of those idiots though.

Mr Fisho is another one, there's one I saw called Landbased Addicts that seems defunct or has moved to facebook, I think there was one called Tacklebox and I've also seen that Fishing Westernport one as well. There's a few kayak fishing forums that have bitten the dust too with The Yak Shed and AKFF looking really slow and only VYak and Kayak Fishing Downunder getting daily posts.

Not sure if facebook is what killed them or if the person paying for them decided to give it away.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Trumpeter
Has liked: 71 times

Post by Trumpeter » Sat May 07, 2016 11:49 am

Fishnet would've easily been the most popular fishing forum during it's heyday. It was very entertaining in the early to mid 2000's, especially during the bumper Snapper seasons back then. The boatoz scene was very popular to and probably the only forum left there now with any regular input, some real characters came and went there!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat May 07, 2016 11:55 am

Trumpeter wrote:Fishnet would've easily been the most popular fishing forum during it's heyday. It was very entertaining in the early to mid 2000's, especially during the bumper Snapper seasons back then. The boatoz scene was very popular to and probably the only forum left there now with any regular input, some real characters came and went there!
They had weekly reports updated every week up until December last year. What happened?

Trumpeter
Has liked: 71 times

Post by Trumpeter » Sat May 07, 2016 12:03 pm

The site's apparently being redeveloped and will be re-launched this year, may have something to do with it.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Mon May 09, 2016 7:38 am

4liters wrote:
crumpet_avenger wrote:So what were all these so called good forums that are being killed?

I've found a few while searching for reports and other fishing info. You have a look at the last post dates and there's one from 2016 and the rest are 2015 and 2014. Fishnet.com.au looks like it used to be a really busy forum but now there doesn't seem to be much happening. From the tone of a lot of the old posts though it seems like facebook would be a natural fit for some of those idiots though.

Mr Fisho is another one, there's one I saw called Landbased Addicts that seems defunct or has moved to facebook, I think there was one called Tacklebox and I've also seen that Fishing Westernport one as well. There's a few kayak fishing forums that have bitten the dust too with The Yak Shed and AKFF looking really slow and only VYak and Kayak Fishing Downunder getting daily posts.

Not sure if facebook is what killed them or if the person paying for them decided to give it away.
r
Mrfisho was once on the way up, now seems less interest n dieing a slow death.
No sure if it was the mrfisho club with its own fish comps that cost around 100$ p -year to join that started it....
Now the owner is just trying flog off new tuna lures.....?
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Busted

Post by Busted » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:13 pm

After reading all this i feel like a real flog now ..... i love facebook :)

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:34 pm

4liters wrote: There's a few kayak fishing forums that have bitten the dust too with The Yak Shed and AKFF looking really slow and only VYak and Kayak Fishing Downunder getting daily posts.
The Shed is still fairly active - you have to look at the season and you will see that a lot of kayaking activities slow as most of our northern yakkers fish only off shore picking weather can be a problem

AKFF died in one go when it was sold off to a commercial group in Canada - between ads and pop ups that started then pissed people off including the Mods that had no say in the sell off ( the mods started the shed at that time )

as for Vyak we are blessed with a great local kayak fishing community which is very active all year round ( and some real die hards at times )
bowl wrote: Mrfisho was once on the way up, now seems less interest n dieing a slow death.
No sure if it was the mrfisho club with its own fish comps that cost around 100$ p -year to join that started it....
Now the owner is just trying flog off new tuna lures.....?
5 or 6 years ago Mrfisho was the site to be on - a lot of good content but I think it lost its way , back then there was a bit of everything going on
plenty of get togethers - surf W/Es and a few frendly comps
the club mentioned above was one thing and the shift to a game based thinking - away from the old days where the content was more like here

I think what keeps a good fishing forum alive is to cover every thing - it's nice to read Tuna and Marlin fishing reports ( the more elite / extreme end of town ) but if that is at the expense of the land based guys or the basic bay boating fisho expect the forum to fall over or at least go pretty quiet

Fishing Vic has a pretty good balance - something for all groups no matter what there fishing interests are -
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”