Mordiallloc Pier /QueensCliff (Squid Fishing)

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
Derixx

Mordiallloc Pier /QueensCliff (Squid Fishing)

Post by Derixx » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:05 pm

Haven't been fishing in a good two years and I have tomorrow looking to nab some squid was wondering if any had some good tips or insight to either Mordialloc or Queenscliff pier for squid fishing

-Rod Setup
-Best Times ( Would prefer to go middle of the day obviously not ideal but i've been told queenscliff is ok for that.

that sorta thing.

Cheers

SparkyUK

Re: Mordiallloc Pier /QueensCliff (Squid Fishing)

Post by SparkyUK » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:47 pm

Sorry pal got no idea, i will leave it for others. Nice 1st post though. welcome

complete-anglerz-12

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:21 pm

mainly small squid around mordi pier at night they get a few not to far up under the lights plenty of ink stains as a marker but during the day you'd want to be abit further up the pier
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:13 pm

There's a weed bed from the first light post to the third on the north side of the Pier. That's where they hang out. From what I know it's been really quiet at Mordialloc atm. Must be the full moon. I'm on my way home from there now and only managed a tiny squid. Saw none others pulled in either

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”