FACEBOOK is killing good forums

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: FACEBOOK is killing good forums

Post by bowl » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:49 pm

adamk wrote:there is nothing wrong with the forum, facebook is just more gloat based, thats the difrence but alot of people tend to be more conservative about spots on here, i can understand why my reg spot use to be clean now pigs go there.
Where is ur regular spot...n what's bitin :notworthy: :banana:
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

GONE FISHING

Post by GONE FISHING » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:49 pm

Just my 2c....

I got off Facebook because too many talk it up on there....

Unfortunately it is just part of life and even here on the forums you'll get a few clowns who feel they are entitled something.

Problem with any form of social media be it forums or Facebook, unfortunately you can't fully express emotion and therefore sometimes leads to confusion, and railroaded discussions.

For the vast majority of the time, I'd say forums are a better way to gain and share knowledge

adamk

Post by adamk » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:18 am

bowl wrote:
adamk wrote:there is nothing wrong with the forum, facebook is just more gloat based, thats the difrence but alot of people tend to be more conservative about spots on here, i can understand why my reg spot use to be clean now pigs go there.
Where is ur regular spot...n what's bitin :notworthy: :banana:
ive posted it a billion times lmao hence why i kinda moved to one out willy/altona way that gives me the chance on bream, jews, salmon, snapper, flattys, flounder
GONE FISHING wrote:Just my 2c....

I got off Facebook because too many talk it up on there....

Unfortunately it is just part of life and even here on the forums you'll get a few clowns who feel they are entitled something.

Problem with any form of social media be it forums or Facebook, unfortunately you can't fully express emotion and therefore sometimes leads to confusion, and railroaded discussions.

For the vast majority of the time, I'd say forums are a better way to gain and share knowledge

GONE FISHING

Post by GONE FISHING » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:46 am

I'll take that as sarcasm... But this goes to prove my point you can't always tell who is serious and who is kidding around.

Either way it's the internet and you have to take things with a grain of salt at times.....

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:19 am

GONE FISHING wrote:I'll take that as sarcasm... But this goes to prove my point you can't always tell who is serious and who is kidding around.

Either way it's the internet and you have to take things with a grain of salt at times.....
i was slightly offended on your behalf before i remembered i was on the internet

GONE FISHING

Post by GONE FISHING » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:22 am

:thumbsup:
Cheers champ

Mutley and Scruffy

Post by Mutley and Scruffy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:11 pm

GONE FISHING wrote:I'll take that as sarcasm... But this goes to prove my point you can't always tell who is serious and who is kidding around.

............................................................................................................................................................................................
It certainly does prove your point as I assumed it was a compliment to you!

I was on a forum called Tacklebox. It was a national forum and was going rather well. For whatever reason, admin lost interest and never appeared. Slowly but surely the mods lost interest and then they never appeared. So what you had were members (those that stayed on at least...many of us bailed out) who had nobody to moderate them. It was a jungle in there! So the morons took over! In this case it was an inactive administrator who killed the forum. Same with Fb pages...have a good team looking after them doing pest control and they are good.

As long as admin and mods keep the morons in check, nothing will ruin a forum. To be honest, this thread title would be more accurate if it said 'out of control idiots ruin good forums and Fb pages'.
cheers
Jim

GONE FISHING

Post by GONE FISHING » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:14 pm

There you have it Jim, it's hard to interpret the message sometimes through words alone. So if the above was a compliment I was mistaken, but that is a prime example.

Anyhow it's good to see that this forum for the most part is actually quite well maintained and most of the contributions are valuable.

Now... Onto more pressing issues.... When will this wind let up and allow a decent session on the water?

adamk

Post by adamk » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:51 pm

no sarcasim. tbh i found your comment to be 100% correct :thumbsup:

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:59 pm

Mutley and Scruffy wrote:Same with Fb pages...have a good team looking after them doing pest control and they are good.

As long as admin and mods keep the morons in check, nothing will ruin a forum. To be honest, this thread title would be more accurate if it said 'out of control idiots ruin good forums and Fb pages'.
cheers
Jim
Very true Jim, I'm in a few facebook groups and for the most part they are excellent but there is a few that don't get moderated or are very loosely moderated and it's not long before they go south.
It's certainly a tough job to be a moderator and one I'm not envious of but a good moderator/team of moderators is essential for an online medium like this.

Cheers Alex
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”