FACEBOOK is killing good forums

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
Fish-Hunter

Re: FACEBOOK is killing good forums

Post by Fish-Hunter » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:54 am

Forums have died off since FB, but well managed forums will survive & are a good place to share info & a great resource. :cheers:

chris srsc

Post by chris srsc » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:15 pm

FishnMiss wrote:
chris seafarer wrote:dont get me wrong, facebook has its ups, but for me, i dont want or need to know how many times you burped your baby or that you had a pub meal with a picture of your beer...lol

the privacy and how easy it is to be tracked and monitored made it an easy decision for me to get off ..when they asked for proof of identity, i left, i didnt want my full name and details online,
You don't need to give your real name, you can make up one and link it to a a new email address you set up :o_0: (but anyway with IP logging it's really easy for them to track you).
I bailed from a number of FB fishing sites because most the blokes can't string a sentence together, and if they do many of them are so full of inappropriate language I wouldn't even show it to my wife.
Too many keyboard tragics on FB :down:
haha i did that, and got reported, facebook asked for proof of id, its against there policy to have nic names, so i didnt bother anymore...

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:01 pm

Redhunter wrote:The problem with flogbook is, well, it's full of flogs!
Well said
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:02 pm

Facebook and forums both suffer from people with extreme views or who just want to stir the pot.
We have had more than one thread shut down here because people have gotten out of control. And likewise we have seen some sketchy reports as well.
I think you just have to manage both with some logic and just ignore the extreme or pot stirring views.
I am on here and on a few well managed, closed, facebook groups and find both avenues to be worth while overall.

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:19 pm

ChrisD wrote:Facebook and forums both suffer from people with extreme views or who just want to stir the pot.
We have had more than one thread shut down here because people have gotten out of control. And likewise we have seen some sketchy reports as well.
I think you just have to manage both with some logic and just ignore the extreme or pot stirring views.
I am on here and on a few well managed, closed, facebook groups and find both avenues to be worth while overall.
X2. Facebook isn't killing forums, jerkweeds who post utter bo11ocks, on subjects they know nothing about, then get all uppity when they get called out kill forums. Facebook user groups suffer from the same malady.

simon2g

Post by simon2g » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:48 am

Get alot better guidance and information here.

What i've noticed with the facebook pages, is everyone wants to show off there catches and that's it. Even if someone is posting for help, I've seen pictures posted of fish caught in spots mentioned to 'prove' their methods.

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:30 am

ChrisD wrote:Facebook and forums both suffer from people with extreme views or who just want to stir the pot.
Haha that is true quite a few pot stirring Heros on here as well but you just gotta ignore them, you will always come across the bat man and robin superstars trying to make a name for them selfs but they can't catch fish just flex there muscles a lot of what gear there useing or where they been but you will hardly ever see fish haha
Last edited by Buckle&scream on Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:37 am

Buckle&scream wrote:
Haha that is true quite a few pot stirring Heros on here as well but you just gotta ignore them, you will always come across the bat man and robin superstars trying to make a name for them selfs but they can't catch fish just flex there mussels a lotof what gear there useing or where they been but you will hardly ever see fish haha
Is this a pun or just a spelling mistake, ;-) ;-) ;-) cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:42 am

davek wrote:
Buckle&scream wrote:
Haha that is true quite a few pot stirring Heros on here as well but you just gotta ignore them, you will always come across the bat man and robin superstars trying to make a name for them selfs but they can't catch fish just flex there mussels a lotof what gear there useing or where they been but you will hardly ever see fish haha
Is this a pun or just a spelling mistake, ;-) ;-) ;-) cheers davo
Haha spelling mistake there Davo! Fixed!

adamk

Post by adamk » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:35 pm

there is nothing wrong with the forum, facebook is just more gloat based, thats the difrence but alot of people tend to be more conservative about spots on here, i can understand why my reg spot use to be clean now pigs go there.

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”