Mornington Pier Squid Report

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Re: Mornington Pier Squid Report

Post by STriplett1997 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:57 pm

Was down at Mornington today and caught 18 squid, kept my bag of 10. The bite was so hot for some... I even saw them just below the surface of the water and even killing fish with their tentacles. Great session

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:38 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:Was down at Mornington today and caught 18 squid, kept my bag of 10. The bite was so hot for some... I even saw them just below the surface of the water and even killing fish with their tentacles. Great session
Nice bag mate. I’ve seen squid grabbing small fish with their tentacles before as well while spearing for flounder and flathead :P

adamk

Post by adamk » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:55 pm

there are octopus about too watched one guy hook one only to lose it on the rocks

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:25 pm

Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:Was down at Mornington today and caught 18 squid, kept my bag of 10. The bite was so hot for some... I even saw them just below the surface of the water and even killing fish with their tentacles. Great session
Nice bag mate. I’ve seen squid grabbing small fish with their tentacles before as well while spearing for flounder and flathead :P

Cool stuff aye. Let’s hope one of these transformers works for me Thursday or friday night. Hitting the sand for a gummy this time, something I haven’t done in 6 months.. will be a nice change.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:28 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:

Cool stuff aye. Let’s hope one of these transformers works for me Thursday or friday night. Hitting the sand for a gummy this time, something I haven’t done in 6 months.. will be a nice change.
Well with fresh bait you are always in with a good chance mate.
Let us know how you go and good luck! :thumbsup:

Styla

Post by Styla » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:41 pm

LachyBell wrote:
Styla wrote:Hi mate.
What size jig if you don't mind me asking
Cheers
I was using a 2.2, good luck in the future
Cheers bud

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:10 am

Well done.
Fresh bait for some gummys

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:42 am

smile0784 wrote:
Well done.
Fresh bait for some gummys

That’s it, shame the wind has been so shitty, haven’t been out in awhile. Trying the beach this time

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:21 am

With a 10knot offshore wind should be ok.

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:40 pm

smile0784 wrote:With a 10knot offshore wind should be ok.
Yeh I mean.. it’s not terrible I’m more just thinking of the amount of seaweed pushed up from the south winds on the beaches, last time was an absolute pain to deal with. Friday looks a bit better than Thursday now

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”