Advice needed

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Advice needed

Post by Lightningx » Mon May 07, 2018 8:15 pm

smile0784 wrote:
crumpet_avenger wrote:One of the best gummie baits is wrasse. A chunk of wrasse is what most charter boat operators use especially down the western entrance.

Its easy to come across by fishing near rocky outcrops.
I fish the western entrance for gummies but unless you are familiar with the area I would give it a miss.

Ive had mates use banana prawns up in shallow water in the top end to catch small to medium models yet using the same bait in deep water down near buoy 12 it doesnt get touched.

Squid is my favourite bait at night because sea lice demolish every other bait. Its tough and resists small pickers like little flathead and pinkies.

I dont berley when fishing for gummies bacause I find all the rubbish fish are attracted to the berley. Gummies have a good sense of smell, so fresh baits are the key.

Squid, wrasse, yakka, couta and pilchards are my favourite baits in order.
Fish a drop off and present your baits so they dont spin and sit back and wait. Lets us know how you go.
Good advice
X2.

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”