All be careful so sad what happened ladt night

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
ingeer

Re: All be careful so sad what happened ladt night

Post by ingeer » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:59 am

Shock to hear that... hope the fisho is fine.

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:16 pm

Having been given an unexpected swim off Newhaven jetty a few years ago I've learnt to be wary when fishing piers alone. Middle of the run out, around 2 am in winter. Luckily I can swim and luckily they were gone by the time I i climbed back up. Ropeable

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:23 pm

Basti wrote:Having been given an unexpected swim off Newhaven jetty a few years ago I've learnt to be wary when fishing piers alone. Middle of the run out, around 2 am in winter. Luckily I can swim and luckily they were gone by the time I i climbed back up. Ropeable
Wow

Any more details? And any particular reason why?

Josho

Post by Josho » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:25 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Basti wrote:Having been given an unexpected swim off Newhaven jetty a few years ago I've learnt to be wary when fishing piers alone. Middle of the run out, around 2 am in winter. Luckily I can swim and luckily they were gone by the time I i climbed back up. Ropeable
Wow

:rofl:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:28 pm

rb85 wrote:Agree but with crazed caucasian criminals attacking innocent Burmese Aussie fishos who can be merry.
True that but they should start to fish for something to do so they stay out of trouble.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:04 pm

Similar thing happened to my friend.
Was pushed in for no reason.....

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:36 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Wow

No idea why, could have easily killed me if I couldn't swim. Couple of local teenagers, bored or jealous (I had a Snapper on the board from earlier in the day and they struck out)? I'd be guessing. They asked if I could come over to shine my head torch on something in the water and one distracted me while the other pushed me in from behind. Didn't steal any of My gear. Cops didn't find anything or anyone, having rocked up 40min later.

I had a good rant to Mr. Plod while standing in a towel shivering my ass off. Filed a report and never got a follow-up

ango

Post by ango » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:23 pm

Pretty sad that these days that this is a worry, probably on ice, this seems to make people aggressive for no particular reason. Ice has to be the most destructive drug around. So sad to see so many destroy their lives.
Cheers
Ango.

ante552

Post by ante552 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:36 pm

Basti wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Wow

No idea why, could have easily killed me if I couldn't swim. Couple of local teenagers, bored or jealous (I had a Snapper on the board from earlier in the day and they struck out)? I'd be guessing. They asked if I could come over to shine my head torch on something in the water and one distracted me while the other pushed me in from behind. Didn't steal any of My gear. Cops didn't find anything or anyone, having rocked up 40min later.

I had a good rant to Mr. Plod while standing in a towel shivering my ass off. Filed a report and never got a follow-up
Wish list by a taser!!

Few guys got them through after 2 attempts.
Sounds bad but to protect yourself have to do what you need to do

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:50 pm

Given most fishos will have a knife with them, someones is likely to get knifed.

Newhaven pier is not one you want to fall off either

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”