Sat 22/9 out and about

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
ante552

Sat 22/9 out and about

Post by ante552 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:29 am

Gday fellow fisho's,
Yesterday was a great day to get out and have a fish.

Was a poor start in the morning.
Woke up 4.30am headed off to the docklands with zero results 2 hours.

Moved on to williamstown got there about 9am spent 2 hours there 1 hook up and lost it ahhh well try again, was going well then some nufff nuff came and decided to fish right next to me 2 rods one my and 2 rods on my right which only left me to use 1 rod so bloody rude. I even asked nicely to give me room and he didnt barge. I had to woosa (bad boys 2) and avoid spoiling my whole day. So decided to pack up and leave.

Went to princess pier few boats around, got there about 12pm and stayed till 3ish with 1 hit and thats it.

Moved on to brighton with zero confidence got just before breakwall around the bend set up casted and sat down about 5.30 bang a 30cm pinky as i was un hooking it bang other rod went 25cm pinky both released. S baited and casted 20 min later another 30cm pinky. Stayed till 8.30 there were bites happening and few others hooking up but wasnt as constant.

Best thing i got to watch was a pod of dolphins chasing bait fish up towards the beach was on for 20min so close to shore.

Last thing i shined my tourch into the water to scope around and i seen thousands of baby baitfish or whatever they are the water was just glowing.

Cheers

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Re: Sat 22/9 out and about

Post by Kenle » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:06 am

Sounds like you still managed to have some fun, and yes I realy hate inconsiderate illmanered uncivilized and down right rude people who thinks they have the right to just come by and ruine fun for others. Last guy that did this to me got all his lines tangled onto one of mine and I use braid, left him untangling as I continue to fish with me other rods.
Sorry to hear you've encountered them :down:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:12 am

Wow you couldn’t have tried anymore mate!
I have encountered idiots like that many times as well. Especially if they see you reel in a fish come right next to you :rofl:

ante552

Post by ante552 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:37 am

Kenle wrote:Sounds like you still managed to have some fun, and yes I realy hate inconsiderate illmanered uncivilized and down right rude people who thinks they have the right to just come by and ruine fun for others. Last guy that did this to me got all his lines tangled onto one of mine and I use braid, left him untangling as I continue to fish with me other rods.
Sorry to hear you've encountered them :down:
Totally agree i always ask if its ok to fish or just find a spot bit further. I had an encouter about a year ago.
A small thing a few peopls forgot about which is called respect.

Cheers :)

ante552

Post by ante552 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:40 am

Lightningx wrote:Wow you couldn’t have tried anymore mate!
I have encountered idiots like that many times as well. Especially if they see you reel in a fish come right next to you :rofl:
It always happens but in all honesty i have had a few people ask to fish next to me and im fine with it, i even had some new to fishing ask and was great to assist aswell.
Ive set up a rod for some lil kid with his mum n dad just to have a try.
Ill get aboat soon then ill need some training :)

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:51 am

i fished brighton earler in the day and that huge bait fish school was quite impessive

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:10 am

Your not alone happens quite regularly while snapper fishing
I normally bridle the anchor while snapper fishing and this guy anchored so close to the front of me that when i pulled in the anchor i was about 2m from him and he had a puzzeled look on his face not to mention his lines that were caught on my anchor, he was around 60yrs old and should have know better
Best part was i got 2 good fish while he was there and he got zip thats karma

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:51 pm

How rude of that guy.

At least you got a few in the end
Well done

ante552

Post by ante552 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:18 pm

dazz999 wrote:i fished brighton earler in the day and that huge bait fish school was quite impessive
It was i tried to record off my phone but can hardly see.

If your ever about at brighton let me know ill come and say hi

ante552

Post by ante552 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:19 pm

fishnut wrote:Your not alone happens quite regularly while snapper fishing
I normally bridle the anchor while snapper fishing and this guy anchored so close to the front of me that when i pulled in the anchor i was about 2m from him and he had a puzzeled look on his face not to mention his lines that were caught on my anchor, he was around 60yrs old and should have know better
Best part was i got 2 good fish while he was there and he got zip thats karma
Would of been funny, perfect karma

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”