Donuts on the Yarra @ Healesville 5th Dec

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Donuts on the Yarra @ Healesville 5th Dec

Post by ChrisD » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:28 am

Gave the Yarra @ Healesville another crack last night....and yet again it produced donuts.

I have tried this section of the Yarra off and on for a few years now and all I have managed is a few small eels and a blackfish....but I can't help think it actually holds alot more fish then I am getting on to, just have to crack the code of this section.
Up River in Worri Yallock there are good fish and down river in Yarra Glen it likewise produces well. Logically this section through Healesville should likewise hold fish.
Will just have to continue to try in now and then and hopefully have some luck sooner or later.

Truedogz
Has liked: 32 times

Re: Donuts on the Yarra @ Healesville 5th Dec

Post by Truedogz » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:35 pm

Chris

The Yarra near Healesville can produce good fishing for carp, reddies, eels and maccas with an odd trout and even cod. However, the stretch near the road bridge has never fished well to my knowledge.

There is very little public access from Woori Yallock to Yarra Glen apart from the highway bridge. If you are prepared to walk, have a canoe or find a friendly land owner good fishing can be had.

Best Wishes

Truedogz

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Re: Donuts on the Yarra @ Healesville 5th Dec

Post by ChrisD » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:34 am

Thanks Truedogz
Yes access right through the Yarra valley to the Yarra is a pain - every time I sit on the bank I am more and more inspired to consider a canoe....not a Yak...definitely a canoe. It would open up kilometres of river and I suspect some very good fishing.
Just have to keep watching eBay for a good canoe, at the right price, that can be easily handled by one person, to come up.
Until then it is land based from the few access points.

Return to “Yarra Valley and surrounds”