Unwanted record?

berazafi

Re: Unwanted record?

Post by berazafi » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:28 pm

I have caught 60+ cm trough on sub 16 size hooks, smaller the hook better the bait presentation. Single or two maggots. At most with a feeder. Cast slightly upstream of the pool and let it rest on the edge of the pool, never cast in then middle Of the pool with a feeder you will fill up the fish

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:33 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
berazafi wrote:And small hooks, think less than size 16
What are you after, minnow?
:icon_lolz:
I have mustad size 24. Bought them for fun. I can probably gut hook a silverfish with that. I wonder how they tie a line to that hook. :dontknow I tried but failed.
A lot of people do use very small size hooks for carp. I'm not exactly sure how small but they do use them!
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

netmaker

Post by netmaker » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:52 pm

MrI-fish wrote:Happy to meet for a fish one night. Love the Yarra at the moment. Worms always best bait for mine. Late evening best time. Hour or two before dark until an hour or so after dark. Don't cast too far as most fish are feeding within 12 feet of the waters edge. Good luck.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
Hello Mr I Fish,i just gotta say i love this post of yours so much i had to quote it & add i have not fished the Yarra for a few years now but when i did,i used a size 1/0 suicide hook & loaded it up to the hilton & back with garden worms.I fished the Yarra from in town out as far as Warbuton.I caught more often than what i missed & Eels were always a likley catch.

Also have to agree with casting distance & finally my other catch's included crabs in a shrimp net after catching Yellowbelly downstream of dights falls,bream roach,redfin,cod,Mac perch,Blackfish,Brown trout,Gudgen(Freshwater water Flathead,Blenny) Carp.....Cheer's Murph......
3p's will catch you fish,patients,perserverence,persistance....

Return to “Yarra Valley and surrounds”