Barramundi Finally in Hazelwood

News and media releases from the Department of Primary Industries (DPI)
Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Re: Barramundi Finally in Hazelwood

Post by Texas » Sun May 29, 2016 12:55 pm

yep until the gov charge you for the rain that falls and the sun that shines[/quote]

I had a holiday house in Walkerville in Gippsland.
We had tank water, no reticulated water available.
La Trobe Valley water hit us with charges for "water catchment renewal". (cleaning up the streams).
The excuse was "By you catching the rainwater less is going in the streams"
It was nothing like the MMBW charges, but I was charged for my rainwater.

Yes I was peed off,
Gra

jb2020

Post by jb2020 » Mon May 30, 2016 1:53 pm

If it wasn't for so called 'dirty power' you would still be living in a cave, chopping down trees and collecting dung to burn for warmth, pretty clean eh?
So what do you call 'clean power'? bird mincing windmills? chinese manufactured solar panels? renewable.....yeah right.

Marty.A wrote: But it generates dirty power by using coal which is not a renewable resource and has many environmental impacts as well so I think its days are numbered regardless.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon May 30, 2016 2:16 pm

To be honest I find a few minced birds and Chinese solar panels a lot less worrying than farmland getting dug up and groundwater contaminated by coal mining and coal seam gas extraction.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Mon May 30, 2016 2:39 pm

jb2020 wrote:If it wasn't for so called 'dirty power' you would still be living in a cave, chopping down trees and collecting dung to burn for warmth, pretty clean eh?
So what do you call 'clean power'? bird mincing windmills? chinese manufactured solar panels? renewable.....yeah right.

Marty.A wrote: But it generates dirty power by using coal which is not a renewable resource and has many environmental impacts as well so I think its days are numbered regardless.
Coal generated power is recognised world wide as a major pollutant remember the recent coal fire fiasco??? I know its not an easy fix but please spare me the rhetoric, I haven't paid a power bill in 3 years by going to German made solar panels. My point was that the Hazelwood Mill has been on borrowed time for years and what is going to happen to the pondage and the Barramundi should it close down.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Mon May 30, 2016 2:46 pm

Marty.A wrote:
jb2020 wrote:If it wasn't for so called 'dirty power' you would still be living in a cave, chopping down trees and collecting dung to burn for warmth, pretty clean eh?

Coal generated power is recognised world wide as a major pollutant remember the recent coal fire fiasco??? I know its not an easy fix but please spare me the rhetoric, I haven't paid a power bill in 3 years by going to German made solar panels. My point was that the Hazelwood Mill has been on borrowed time for years and what is going to happen to the pondage and the Barramundi should it close down.
we could try nuclear power. cleaner, heats the water and will reduce the amount of people keen to keep the barra ;-)
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

4liters

Post by 4liters » Mon May 30, 2016 3:01 pm

You'd need top notch bait presentation to fool a three eyed barra
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Mon May 30, 2016 3:25 pm

4liters wrote:You'd need top notch bait presentation to fool a three eyed barra
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Night fishing would be awesome also with the Barra glowing in the dark :-D

4liters

Post by 4liters » Mon May 30, 2016 3:29 pm

French Island was the place earmarked for a nuclear power plant when those debates were happening iirc. Glow in the dark mulloway perhaps.

Not that it is going to happen at this stage, it's been left behind in terms of price by other options.

Hailttz

Post by Hailttz » Mon May 30, 2016 4:48 pm

I wouldnt eat it but will definitely go there for some barra action.

Tackleberry
Has liked: 301 times

Post by Tackleberry » Tue May 31, 2016 4:04 am

Texas wrote:yep until the gov charge you for the rain that falls and the sun that shines
I had a holiday house in Walkerville in Gippsland.
We had tank water, no reticulated water available.
La Trobe Valley water hit us with charges for "water catchment renewal". (cleaning up the streams).
The excuse was "By you catching the rainwater less is going in the streams"
It was nothing like the MMBW charges, but I was charged for my rainwater.

Yes I was peed off,
Gra[/quote]

yep why do you think they got all them suckers to put in for a grant to get a water tank so later they know who to bill for rain water :rofl:

Return to “Department of Primary Industries / Fisheries”