Target One Million Plan A Boon For Fishers And Families

News and media releases from the Department of Primary Industries (DPI)
cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Re: Target One Million Plan A Boon For Fishers And Families

Post by cobby » Sat May 02, 2015 10:57 pm

4liters wrote:One of the things they mentioned in that press release was better access to waterways so hopefully that includes things like a road to Pt Lillias and other remote areas. On the other hand opening up those places is sure to make them as sh*t as most piers over summer so I guess you just can't win lol
It'll be the usual 6 over priced small platforms on a handful of rivers that get announced every 4 years then built after 3 years and 10s of 1000s of $ wasted on 'studies' and tenders for some ministers assistants brothers company can make some easy cash building them.

Believing something from a government whether it's dumbo, the other mob no one knows anymore, the budgey smuggler or the union dead beat will be done logically and practically is a waste of time

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sat May 02, 2015 11:06 pm

cobby wrote:Moving to the country, gotta get away from more dumb sh*ts.

..........................................................................................................
Your plan may be flawed! With the numbers of stocked fish they are talking about, I would think they intend on increasing numbers fishing in country areas dramatically! Besides, then you have to put up with people like me! :crazy: They say they are going to improve infrastructure...if they fail, then it is not going to be pretty!

We have had a few 'come and try fishing' evenings in Shepparton over the last few years. These events were aimed at children. The response was nothing less than phenomenal! If we can get children outdoors and away from all their electronic gizmos it will be fantastic.
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

adamk

Post by adamk » Sat May 02, 2015 11:10 pm

4liters wrote:One of the things they mentioned in that press release was better access to waterways so hopefully that includes things like a road to Pt Lillias and other remote areas. On the other hand opening up those places is sure to make them as sh*t as most piers over summer so I guess you just can't win lol
maybe o_0 it might level things out tbh

snapper hunter

Post by snapper hunter » Sun May 03, 2015 6:58 am

Can we have any say on how they spend that money?

We desperately need improved launching facilities

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sun May 03, 2015 12:58 pm

Misheen wrote:Access to Alcoa pier would be great as well as access/fixing Point Cook RAAF pier.

I have been fighting Vic & Fed Govt's for years, re the RAAF base jetty.
It's not our responsibility it's theirs, we're going to sell part of the base, on second thoughts no we're not..
Waiting to hear from the Minister of Defence (hopefully this year)..
If you know somebody,with influence,get them on to it..
There are some bloody good ideas on this forum, such as "pave breakwaters" etc.
We have a very large membership & should have an influence.
Our so called "representatives to government" aren't worth a piece of manure. They came on this forum sometime ago..copped some flack & have not been heard of since.
After their post on this forum I sent them an email about the jetty..never heard back..
I know it's "bashing your head against a brick wall" stuff, but with enough heads, we could at least put a crack in it.
That is my sermon for this Sunday, thank you for reading.

Cheers Gra

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Tue May 05, 2015 1:02 pm

Apparently it has started! :) Fish were released here in Shepparton yesterday, obviously they know I need as much help as I can get. I am not sure if the pic is relevant or just a pic the tackle store used for this Facebook post...not sure but they look like Trout cod to me and I would not think these would be released to promote fishing!
cheers
Jim.
Attachments
stocking.PNG
stocking.PNG (427.92 KiB) Viewed 660 times
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue May 05, 2015 2:15 pm

My view is selfish....I like to keep the remote areas as they are.

Its a special treat to fish these areas that arnt flogged and hopefully can keep them for a few more years to come

Hate to spend a weekend at eldion for two little redfin and a carp and call it success ful

Bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Fredfillis

Post by Fredfillis » Tue May 05, 2015 9:13 pm

Unless the "grand plan" includes giving the heave-ho to supertrawlers and commercial fishing in the bay then it's likely that the many more future recreational fisho's will be scoring more donuts than fish.

And that "grand plan" needs to be executed not just talked about.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue May 05, 2015 11:23 pm

That is currently part of the plan, to buy back all commercial licences to fish inside the bay within the next 8 years. It might take some time after that for the stocks to recover though.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Wed May 06, 2015 4:58 am

4liters wrote:That is currently part of the plan, to buy back all commercial licences to fish inside the bay within the next 8 years. It might take some time after that for the stocks to recover though.
It was in both parties policy last election...8 yrs is to long to wait though
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Return to “Department of Primary Industries / Fisheries”