Barramundi Finally in Hazelwood

News and media releases from the Department of Primary Industries (DPI)
Flathead37

Re: Barramundi Finally in Hazelwood

Post by Flathead37 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:35 pm

Kadmium wrote:
4liters wrote:
And people complain about windfarms lol

But if you build too many wind farms all the wind will be used up...
:rofl: Classic

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:45 pm

Broomstick wrote:
As for the mulloway in Gippy, they will do fine if they can avoid the big flatties and tailor until they get a little bigger (there are already good populations of mulloway in Tyers and Tamboon - this initiative is just aimed at replenishing stocks). It would be nice to see them released a little bigger, but I guess that probably isn't feasible.
funny you say that.

ive fished with a guy that fishes tyers almost every week for the past 15-20 years, and he has never landed a Mulloway or seen one landed.
he doesnt target them though, but given the fact he uses hardbodys exclusively, would have thought there might have been a bycatch at some stage.

anyway regardless, these new fish stocking are making gippsland a Really Hot fishing destination without a doubt. in a few years time, it will be chaos..

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:44 pm

Flathead37 wrote:
Kadmium wrote:
4liters wrote:

I believe that's an actual quote from a Republican, i'll see if i can find the source.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:03 pm

DougieK wrote:
Flathead37 wrote:
Kadmium wrote:
4liters wrote:

I believe that's an actual quote from a Republican, i'll see if i can find the source.
You're not thinking of the US town that banned solar panels because they'd use up the sun are you?

To be fair to them they were just a bunch of poorly educated folk sucked in by an anti solar astro turf campaign.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Broomstick » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:24 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Broomstick wrote:
As for the mulloway in Gippy, they will do fine if they can avoid the big flatties and tailor until they get a little bigger (there are already good populations of mulloway in Tyers and Tamboon - this initiative is just aimed at replenishing stocks). It would be nice to see them released a little bigger, but I guess that probably isn't feasible.
funny you say that.

ive fished with a guy that fishes tyers almost every week for the past 15-20 years, and he has never landed a Mulloway or seen one landed.
he doesnt target them though, but given the fact he uses hardbodys exclusively, would have thought there might have been a bycatch at some stage.

anyway regardless, these new fish stocking are making gippsland a Really Hot fishing destination without a doubt. in a few years time, it will be chaos..
Yeah I've never heard of anyone catching one either, but a guy I know was doing fish surveys there and caught two around 30cm so they're in there

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:25 pm

Broomstick wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Broomstick wrote:
funny you say that.

Yeah I've never heard of anyone catching one either, but a guy I know was doing fish surveys there and caught two around 30cm so they're in there

There's a couple of vids on youtube where guys are flatty fishing and pick one up i think.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:55 pm

There would have to be a few around there.

Every so often a fish turns up that shouldnt be in area
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Tackleberry
Has liked: 301 times

Post by Tackleberry » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:34 pm

theirs plenty of mulloway in the gippy lakes too

pwalnuts

Post by pwalnuts » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:30 pm

Having grown up down there and caught my first ever fish (carp, naturally) there I'm of mixed opinions about this. Could be a great sport fishery but I've seen guys taking garbage bags of fish out of there (carp, again) Could go either way, definitely would eat from there though.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:42 pm

Broomstick wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Broomstick wrote:
funny you say that.

When did he catch them.
There's been a fair bit of them released in tyers recently. And they grow quite fast. Could it be that he caught one of the juveniles that were released there recently?

Return to “Department of Primary Industries / Fisheries”