Barramundi Finally in Hazelwood

News and media releases from the Department of Primary Industries (DPI)
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: Barramundi Finally in Hazelwood

Post by rb85 » Sat May 20, 2017 5:55 am

deathray wrote:
rb85 wrote:Wonder where poacher Paul and no early fish Kramer are now with all this or has the gold rush finished.
I'm guessing your not gonna let this one go anytime soon.
Not in a hurry.

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:01 pm

rb85 wrote:
deathray wrote:
rb85 wrote:Wonder where poacher Paul and no early fish Kramer are now with all this or has the gold rush finished.
Not in a hurry.

LOL :rofl:
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:29 pm

rb85 wrote:
deathray wrote:
Not in a hurry.
Maybe - if the concern is this great - you need to discuss it directly with Fisheries or with Paul/David.
Easy to jump all over them in the forum where they are not going to see or have the right of reply.
But maybe a trip to Tackleworld and approach them to discuss to get their take on it would better help get the answers you are looking for.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:09 pm

ChrisD wrote:
rb85 wrote:
deathray wrote:
Not in a hurry.
Maybe - if the concern is this great - you need to discuss it directly with Fisheries or with Paul/David.
Easy to jump all over them in the forum where they are not going to see or have the right of reply.
But maybe a trip to Tackleworld and approach them to discuss to get their take on it would better help get the answers you are looking for.
They are aware of how I feel as well as a few others. Somehow I don't think they care. $$$$$$

No body is stopping them from replying as I won't step foot in TW Cranbourne or Mornington ever again.

FlynnFisherman

Post by FlynnFisherman » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:57 pm

It's a real shame Hazelwood had to shut down just around the time they put Barra in there, I was really looking forward to going fishing for barramundi since I hadn't had a chance previously, but now that the power plant is closed and the water isn't being heated the Barra will probably die and my hopes of catching a Barra will go right out the window haha. Many some other day :thumbsup: :water:

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Bayrock » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:23 am

Barra have been dying in droves and the stench is horrendous

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:53 pm

The whole thing has been a debacle from what was a fantastic plan to start with, don't tell me someone.. anyone.. be it politicians or people in the know didn't have any idea the plant was going to shut down ? the plant owners would have made their intentions known to the Victorian government well before the due date, and it still went ahead, someone or some department is responsible, this stinks of a cover up, to bad they are getting away with it and not taken to task, all the money and planning down the drain, and someone knew. It's sickening just to think about it, and they had the audacity to fine some people and not others ? in any other circumstances when would you cop a fine there ? never that's when.. that's my say.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

bilby

Post by bilby » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:46 pm

Won't somebody think of the Cichlids? ...

But seriously - if the water is cooling, why not allow for some licensed commercial netting of aquarium species to cover some of the losses?

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:34 pm

The carp will survive there's a few Aussie Bass why not stick some cod in the mix.

Get onboard Futurefish or is there not enough money for the cartel in this.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:12 pm

hornet wrote:The whole thing has been a debacle from what was a fantastic plan to start with, don't tell me someone.. anyone.. be it politicians or people in the know didn't have any idea the plant was going to shut down ? the plant owners would have made their intentions known to the Victorian government well before the due date, and it still went ahead, someone or some department is responsible, this stinks of a cover up, to bad they are getting away with it and not taken to task, all the money and planning down the drain, and someone knew. It's sickening just to think about it, and they had the audacity to fine some people and not others ? in any other circumstances when would you cop a fine there ? never that's when.. that's my say.
The power station was privately owned, the government wouldn't have had any idea until the announcement was made.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “Department of Primary Industries / Fisheries”