Making Boating Better For Victorians

News and media releases from the Department of Primary Industries (DPI)
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: Making Boating Better For Victorians

Post by rb85 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:38 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:28 pm
rb85 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:02 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:45 am
rb85 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:08 am
purple5ive wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:45 am

signage and fines will do fkall when its summer and you turn up at the ramp and find the cars without trailers have taken up all the parking, nothing will help you then cause you cannot launch. but yeah its a good start.
ive been told by the police (while they were fining cars) to ring the local station and they will send out officers straight away (mornington) but that still doesnt give me anywhere to park which means i cannot launch..
That’s true but I don’t see how free ramp fees changes an existing parking infringement issue. What it seems you’re suggesting by your initial post is people already breaking local laws will increase once there’s an abolishment in ramp fees? To me if individual drivers are parking in boat trailer car parks they wouldn’t be paying the ramp fee to allow it.
Yes breaking the law. And I am betting it will get worse now because it's free parking. Currently its paid parking and designated areas for trailer but when its summer people start parking in trailer bays because they cannot find anywhere else to park.
Once the trailer parking is taken up then anyone that comes with a boat cannot launch because theres nowehere to park the trailer. So it's either go back home or find a nearby ramp with parking still available.

It's not the infringement rule im talking about.
People get fined quite a lot. But mornington pier is a very very busy place and many people visit it for an outing. When the pier parking is full people park in the boat ramp area . It happens quite a lot. People get fined but still continue to park there when theres no room.

Free parking will now mean more people using up valuable trailer parking for non trailer vehicles
If it’s free or not the rules getting broken either there needs to be more boat trailer spaces, more general parking or increased penalties as a deterrent.

Did the people parked in boat trailer spots buy a ramp ticket or pay to park there previously? Just can’t see how ramp fee abolishment will increase the amount of jetty users parking in the wrong spot.

I’m just glad I don’t put up with that crap the suburban ramp users contend with.
if they can do it when its paid parking, what makes you think they wont do it when its free for all??
and no i never checked to see if they bought a ticket.
next summer make a trip down to mornington and see for yourself
i dont think there are many repeat offenders, its just that mornington pier receives so much Tourists that its more often just accidental.
everywhere else is free parking bar the ramp area, but people just try and find a park and just bugger off usually..
If it's blatantly happening all ready it just won't change it won't get better or worse it just wont change. Never said they won't do it but as you said the people parking aren't people using the ramp so free boat launching doesn't change that.

Won't take up your offer to visit Mornington thanks for the invite.
Purple im not sure on your personal financial circumstances but if this makes fishing more affordable for people it's a great result.

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:06 pm

All this debate and unhappiness......makes me glad to be land based :)

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:36 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:02 am
Maybe build some new Jet ski only ramps away from the public....that would solve multiple issues
Where can I sign for this

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:10 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:36 pm
Mattblack wrote:
Maybe build some new Jet ski only ramps away from the public....that would solve multiple issues
The prodigal son returns!
If Nudeup had his way, you'd only be allowed around Seal Rocks or Hamilton Island. I'm all for helping out jet skiers if it means they aren't buggerising around on the ramp with flat batteries, bad fuel or taking selfies whilst everyone else is trying to launch.
Still not as bad as trailer sailors...don't get me started with those arrogant t&^ds

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:20 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:10 pm
Kimtown wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
If Nudeup had his way, you'd only be allowed around Seal Rocks or Hamilton Island. I'm all for helping out jet skiers if it means they aren't buggerising around on the ramp with flat batteries, bad fuel or taking selfies whilst everyone else is trying to launch.
Still not as bad as trailer sailors...don't get me started with those arrogant t&^ds
Glad we don't cop the same amount of them in East Westernport that Port Phillip enjoys. Long Weekends and Summer Holidays can be hectic rest of the year is ok. Hope they put in some money to fix the sandpit that is Cowes Ramp.

The target 1 million is a great concept just need to educate people on good boating and fishing etiquette.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:45 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
You cry baby boaties always have something to whinge about sitting up on your high horses

I'd spit in your smug face as I zoom past you at 90 clicks and scare all your parrot fish away

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:02 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:27 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Kinda have this at werribee south....2 lanes r for small boats/ jet skis only...
80% of time tinnies n jet skis use the main lanes ahhhh
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

rb85

Post by rb85 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:32 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:45 pm
Mattblack wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
You cry baby boaties always have something to whinge about sitting up on your high horses

I'd spit in your smug face as I zoom past you at 90 clicks and scare all your parrot fish away
Ever been in a punch up at a boat ramp Kimtown?

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:20 pm

bowl wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:27 pm
Mattblack wrote:
Kinda have this at werribee south....2 lanes r for small boats/ jet skis only...
80% of time tinnies n jet skis use the main lanes ahhhh
I loved the last ramp at Werribee South when i still had my tinny.

While everyone else waited for their turn i was able to just go straight past and get into that one. At low tide it was less than a foot deep.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Return to “Department of Primary Industries / Fisheries”