Media Release: 12 NEW PROJECTS FUNDED BY YOUR FISHING LICENCE FEES

News and media releases from the Department of Primary Industries (DPI)
fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Post by fishingvic » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:32 pm

Media contact:Emma Webster 0428 171 119 | emma.webster@minstaff.vic.gov.au
Tuesday, 16 July 2019
12 NEW PROJECTS FUNDED BY YOUR FISHING LICENCE FEES
Fishing in Victoria will become easier and more accessible with 12 new projects across the state to be funded with fishing licence fees.
Minister for Fishing and Boating Jaala Pulford joined recreational fishers at the Snobs Creek hatchery near Eildon today to announce the 12 new projects which include new fishing platforms and access tracks, more fish habitat into rivers and lakes, and lots of learn-to-fish clinics for beginners.
The Gippsland Lakes will receive a new woody habitat, which will provide new homes for popular species including bream, estuary perch and Australian bass.
The Little Murray River will also receive new homes for iconic species like Murray cod and golden perch with more snags and woody habitat added to the waterway
Fishcare Victoria will receive funding to deliver 100 ‘Fishing For All Abilities’ clinics in the Kingston, Bayside, Hobsons Bay and Port Phillip shires and 200 workshops through schools and at community events.
Fishing facilities and access will be boosted across Victoria through projects including an extension to the Reeve Landing Jetty at Lakes Entrance, an upgrade of the Rippleside Jetty in Corio Bay, and new fishing platforms and a boardwalk at Ferntree Gully’s Quarry Lake
In central Victoria, the Ballarat Fish Acclimatisation Society on the banks of Lake Wendouree has received funding for a new filtration system to remove suspended solids and boost trout survival rates.
These projects complement dozens of others funded by the Andrews Labor Government’s $35 million Target One Million plan to get more people fishing, more often in more places.
Snobs Creek hatchery has received more than $2 million of funding from recreational fishing licence fees to help it grow and stock popular species like Murray cod, rainbow trout, brown trout, Chinook salmon, Macquarie perch and trout cod.
The hatchery is the backbone of fish production for Victoria’s state-wide stocking program and will be supported by a new native fish hatchery near Shepparton, to be operational by 2022.
For details of all 12 new licence-funded projects visit vfa.vic.gov.au/feesatwork2019
Quotes attributable to Minister for Fishing and Boating Jaala Pulford
“Fishers love to see their licence fees put to work on projects that will boost grass-roots fishing in Victoria and these projects will do exactly that.”
“We know how important recreational fishing is to Victorians which is why we’re upgrading facilities across the state and making it easier to hook a fish.”

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Media Release: 12 NEW PROJECTS FUNDED BY YOUR FISHING LICENCE FEES

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:49 pm

Sounds pretty good to me :thumbsup:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:52 pm

Great ideas

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:59 pm

We were at Snobs Creek hatchery today loading trout eggs into the Jordan-Scotty incubators. Jaala obviously needed a 'rent a crowd' for her announcement so we were it! Previously I have done well to avoid her during her visits to my work when she was the minister for ag. Anyway, she doesn't seem too bad but I more so want to avoid the 'circus ' that surrounds her. Sh!tloads of ar5elickers who need to get up close and personal with her for that photo op to show the world how great they are!

Her visit today was a 'surprise attack' so I couldn't avoid the melee! I would like to highlight one groups effort in particular...VRFish. Nowhere to be seen during the morning when we were doing the work and yet 2 reps were able to make it for the minister's visit! And depart soon after the minister left! To quote a couple decent people today..."They (VRFish) turn up, do f*** all, yet claim they achieve everything"
Cheers
Team Bender
Rant over!

Tackleberry
Has liked: 289 times

Post by Tackleberry » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:13 pm

April Fool wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:59 pm
We were at Snobs Creek hatchery today loading trout eggs into the Jordan-Scotty incubators. Jaala obviously needed a 'rent a crowd' for her announcement so we were it! Previously I have done well to avoid her during her visits to my work when she was the minister for ag. Anyway, she doesn't seem too bad but I more so want to avoid the 'circus ' that surrounds her. Sh!tloads of ar5elickers who need to get up close and personal with her for that photo op to show the world how great they are!

Her visit today was a 'surprise attack' so I couldn't avoid the melee! I would like to highlight one groups effort in particular...VRFish. Nowhere to be seen during the morning when we were doing the work and yet 2 reps were able to make it for the minister's visit! And depart soon after the minister left! To quote a couple decent people today..."They (VRFish) turn up, do f*** all, yet claim they achieve everything"
Cheers
Team Bender
Rant over!
Yep I have told them fwits to **** off on more than one occasion......
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

Return to “Department of Primary Industries / Fisheries”